What shocks is everyone running on irs

ajt9229

Established Member
Whatever I'm putting in the search nothing comes up.

So what shocks is everyone running with their irs? Lakewood 70/30 fronts 50/50 rears?

or just stay with stock? I'm not having any issues but on my old fox body the lakewoods helped a lot.

ajt9229

Established Member
I would think most people serious enough about drag racing to put a drag shock on them aren't running an irs anymore.

You would think. But for the ones who aren't that serious and kept the irs, I'm curious what shock they went with. So thanks for the help. Just looking to get a little better traction.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Heard good thing about the Tokico D-Specs. They are adjustable and I have seen a lot of people with the IRS running them. That is what I will be going with!

Tractionless1

Established Member
I would think most people serious enough about drag racing to put a drag shock on them aren't running an irs anymore.

IRS 1.51 60' launching Eaton @ 3k RPM weighing 3700# w/me, plenty left to cut into that and was out 60'ing SRA Cobra's that day. :poke: SRA isn't the end all be all it needs just as much modification as the IRS to keep in 1 piece. Do some searching, you don't just throw in an OE stick and forget about it by any means.

OP Lakewood 70/30 fronts Vi-king 2x adjustable rears they're only $190, have a 2 yr. warranty, and made by a co. consisting of ex- QA1 engineers that wanted to build a better product. UPR has them BMRtech also runs them. IMO THE way to go right now and I've owned both QA1 and Vi-king.

Last edited:

03' White Snake

Established Member
D spec's here too. Adjustable and awesome. Few turns and you notice a difference right away. I'm running them front and rear.

04DSGv6

Established Member
What springs are you guys running in the rear for drag racing? I have QA1 coilovers up front with 12/200 springs if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread