• Other please state which one

Votes: 49 24.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
IMO, when you compare, you must use both pieces of the stock quadrant, otherwise you'll get a false picture. The piece you showed is not meant to be used by itself.

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
I'm runnign the steeda quadrant and MM firewall adjuster, and like this setup very much. The reason I have this setup is to adjust the aftermarket clutch. But I had it in there before and It was a nice setup, just the steeda cables bite ass!!!

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
best?

So which are the best???!!! I am going to buy a new shifter as well as FW adjuster and clutch quadrant , so i need to know who has the best one!!!

:rockon:

sn8kbite

Established Member
The UPR is the best peice on the market IMO.All of the other adjusters use only one screw to secure it to the firewall.The newest UPR adjuster allows you to use up to 3 screws,they are all counter sunk so you have no screw head sticking beyond the suface to interfere with the jam nut.
IMO if you cant install these without instructions you have no business even opening the hood on your car in the first place.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
I went from stock to UPR, works fine. Had two different clutches in the car, D&D and now SPEC3, works good with both despite large adjustment need out for SPEC3.

It's a hassle to change but it will reward with a better feel and real adjustability.

Detailed swap instructions with pics here
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/555707/2

Not sure about which is better but I do know which is SHIT--->stock

AzDropTop

Established Member
I got mine from Dallas Mustangs and it has worked fine. It does only have one screw and I do like the ldea of having at least 2.

Instead of using washers to center the cable I used the Old green rubber bushing from the old set up. see pics

FWAGrommetLabel.gif

QuadrantFinishedLabeled3.gif

mosconiac

Established Member
I just ordered the ProMotion Powertrain unit based on a 20+ minute phone call with Walt. He REALLY knows his stuff and is proud of his design work. He made my Engineer propellor beanie go vroom, vroom.

The ProMotion "widetrack" kit comes with a cable, but its not a troublesome adjustable type from what I understand. Its purpose is to reroute the cable away from hot areas Walt said (its longer than stock). I'll let you know what I think after I install it. A big point for Walt was that the design of his adjuster minimizes flex of the firewall.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
installing my upr setup tonight so i can get this POS to stop catching off the floor..i have a spec III hybrid clutch....

Jay

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I have the UPR Extreme Firewall Adjuster and Clutch Quadrant listed and linked in my sig. I love it. It locks very well (hasn't come loose since May 28) and the difference from stock is night and day.

I didn't read the whole post up to this point, but someone said something along the lines of the aftermarket quadrants not being that much better than stock. Not true.

The stock unit is merely a plastic piece with teeth on it. These teeth allow the quadrant to slip so that the engagement point of the clutch proceeds farther and farther to the floor. Others have had a problem where it was so far to the floor that they COULD NOT go in and out of gears without grinding due to the lack of complete clutch disengagement. For obvious reasons, this is a problem. Let alone the fact that it's plastic.

As others have said, the aftermarket (or at least UPRs) quadrants are machined aluminum that have hooks for the clutch cable to sit on. This means no slipping, re-adjusting or fear of not fully disengaging the clutch every time. Furthermore, my clutch quadrant is set so that I have to push the pedal down very little to fully disengage the clutch, which is perfect for drag racing.

In my opinion, this is the kind of thing that should have come installed on our cars to begin with. Not some crappy plastic-toothed monstrosity that requires re-adjustment and can slip.

Just my $.02. Hope this helps.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I have the UPR triple hook quadrant and fw adjusters..no problems at all.

Cobra4Me

Established Member
I'm also using the UPR Extreme Adjuster and the Quick Release quadrant BUT this is in a different vehicle, in my project "SuperCobra".
about a month ago I made the engine run in its new home and the adjuster/quadrant seem to be doing a great job, we'll see when I actually drive the car onto the streets!

Pictures:
23.JPG

Here's the UPR Extreme adjuster

26.JPG

A view from the top, adjuster and quadrant

1.jpg

and here's a general view of my project

04Screamer

Established Member
vipergts281 said:
I heard that one is on back order. I wonder how true that is?

If it was on back order, it's not now. I ordered one, and it shipped out on the 9th.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
04Screamer said:
Yep. I only ordered the adjuster though. Here is the link to the page. http://www.modulardepot.com/product_info.php?products_id=204

I am really disappointed with the UPR adjuster. It's a real POS IMO. I've had trouble with it since I installed it.
Can you state why please? I was about to order and just wanted to hear more input on why you think this. Thanks.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Man I finally installed my Fiore today. I cant explain how nice it is. My clutch pedal feels so smooth and the shifting under load is ALOT easier now. My buddy can powershift the hell out of a car and when he got done with some spirited driving today said he had the jitters because of how good it felt to shift. Even if it is on back order (which I am not sure about) I would hold off for this one. Great piece with no set screw. Great mod to have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread