What plugs for ported pullied eaton: ngk tr6 or ngk tr7 (iridium)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Why do I run iridium? Because I got sick of the low speed hesitation that the tr6 gave my car, thats why! Swapped to the tr6ix and it's way better. My tuner said there just fine, he runs them in his lightning.

Surprised about all the gripes towards the NGK iridium plugs. I'm not sure if those plugs have issues at 20psi and up levels but man I've never had an iridium tip break. I love the TR7ixs.

GodStang

Established Member
Why do I run iridium? Because I got sick of the low speed hesitation that the tr6 gave my car, thats why! Swapped to the tr6ix and it's way better. My tuner said there just fine, he runs them in his lightning.

True, better idle - sometimes. In my case it was. Last longer..

At high boost Cooper last longer. Iridium plugs are FAMOUS for breaking. I was running iridium for 3 years (17psi) than swapped to Copper 24psi and the 7985s Idle so much better and will last way longer and under $20 for all 8 instead of $90 for 8.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
At high boost Cooper last longer. Iridium plugs are FAMOUS for breaking. I was running iridium for 3 years (17psi) than swapped to Copper 24psi and the 7985s Idle so much better and will last way longer and under $20 for all 8 instead of $90 for 8.

Yes I've heard there not the best for higher boost applications. If I were running high boost than I likely wouldn't go iridium.:beer:

big dad

Established Member
Surprised about all the gripes towards the NGK iridium plugs. I'm not sure if those plugs have issues at 20psi and up levels but man I've never had an iridium tip break. I love the TR7ixs.

+1. Also, I'm of the opinion that alot of Cobra owners change spark plugs way to often, which can be a contributing factor to prematurely wearing or damaging the threads in the heads. Some of these guys overdue the torqueing down of their plugs.

GodStang

Established Member
+1. Also, I'm of the opinion that alot of Cobra owners change spark plugs way to often, which can be a contributing factor to prematurely wearing or damaging the threads in the heads. Some of these guys overdue the torqueing down of their plugs.

The threads are not the problem it is the fact that the actual spark plugs break apart and can end up in your engine.

cobracide

Established Member
I'm thinking of opening mine up to that. I have mine at .032 I think they are a bit close to be honest. What do you think, Open them up and give them a shot or leave them as is?

Do whatever YOU are comfortable with. I set the gap size before the dyno. Typically a jagged sawtooth like dyno graph can be a sign of blowout.

Users who are viewing this thread