What plugs are you running?

SCalla1384

Established Member
Finished up datalogging with Shaun. I have a tvs with an 82mm pulley on 93. Gas I use is usually pretty good (or so I thought lol) but was getting some knock. Curious what plugs and gap are you guys running? Right now I have Brisk RR12s gapped at 0.030. I was thinking of trying TR6 or 7s, not sure which ones are better? And closing up the gap to like 0.028.

bunits19714

Established Member
I am running rr14s with high grade 98-100 octane fuel- 11psi @17* gapped at .30- no knock and plugs when checked showed no signs of any of detonation( as per tuner).

SCalla1384

Established Member
I should of done some more research before posting. I decided to order the NGK 6510s. Seems like a lot of people have good luck with them, and a lot of tuners recommend them.

Is it possible to have to cold of a plug? I got the RR12s which are 2 heat ranges colder. Not sure if that could have some sort of affect? I also may try going a littler tighter gap from .030 to .028.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
6510's here. .029" on 15lbs. I might be able to widen it a bit, but don't want to mess with it.

by9468840

Established Member
Unless you are experiencing blow out there is no benefit in going smaller with the gap. You should aim to run largest possible gap that runs without blow out for your boost level.

GBCoyote

Established Member
6510's. Gapped at .32 but need to be gapped at .30 honestly. Mods in sig. Your knock probably isn't from your plugs. Add some Lucas octane booster in it and I bet it goes away.

SCalla1384

Established Member
6510's. Gapped at .32 but need to be gapped at .30 honestly. Mods in sig. Your knock probably isn't from your plugs. Add some Lucas octane booster in it and I bet it goes away.

I do have some torco but I wanted to use that for race days only. Was hoping I can get her properly tuned just on 93. Don't want to bandaid if with fuel boosters. Figured I'd try swapping plugs before I do commit to trying the Torco or Lucas stuff.

Thanks for the responses guys!

SCalla1384

Established Member
Is that Lucas octane booster actually good? I've always been hesitant on that stuff. Torco is so expensive, if that Lucas stuff is for real, maybe I'll just use a bottle every fill up since it's pretty cheap and easy to get....

GBCoyote

Established Member
Yes Lucas works pretty well. Just don't expect a bottle to treat an entire tank. I used it for safety when I was on pump gas. I'd put a bottle in every half tank or so.

Users who are viewing this thread