What pistons and rods to run....

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
Soon to be rebuilding my motor. I wish to go JE Pistons and rods if they make them,if not maybe eagle. ANy suggestions on what to use? WHat brand? Flat top or dish? SHould I even bother getting rods?

Last edited:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
You really need to tell us what your goals are if you want the best advice. The stock manley H-Beams are good rods and JE are a solid choice for pistons.

I personally went with Diamond pistons and Oliver Billet rods, but I'm looking to break 1000rwhp....

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
I am looking for a whipple charged 600hp,but what you have done is what I really dream. Twin turbo's nightmare giving horsepower.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Stock rods, crank, and Diamond pistons will be good to just north of 700RWHP. Actually even more than that, but I think 700 more than covers the 600 that you are shooting for. That will save you a lot of money.

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
Stock rods, crank, and Diamond pistons will be good to just north of 700RWHP. Actually even more than that, but I think 700 more than covers the 600 that you are shooting for. That will save you a lot of money.

Ok thank you,any suggestions on rings and bearings? ARP studs maybe while im there?

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I agree with hissman..

and just go with the matching diamond rings, clevite makes a good bearing, and all arp hardware.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Diamond pistons and rings, stock Manley H-beams and steel crank, Federal Mogul bearings and don't forget the ARP main and head studs. Fastners are just as important as the parts they secure.;-)

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
Diamond pistons and rings, stock Manley H-beams and steel crank, Federal Mogul bearings and don't forget the ARP main and head studs. Fastners are just as important as the parts they secure.;-)

I was thinking federal mogul too. Thanks. And I absolutely agree about the fasteners. Good to see someone as much of a perfectionist as I.

Users who are viewing this thread