What percent tint do you have? PICS?

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
I want to get my windows tinted but I am not sure what percent to get. I have seen a few pics I like but no percents displayed. plz post some pics if you have em tinted.

Rwick7

Established Member
35 on the side 5 on the back

randybiggood.jpg

dragw1.jpg

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
I have 35%, which is just legal in NC. The Altima isn't tinted, the Concorde is.

trophycar01.jpg

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
Geting mine done this week. Just haven't decided if I want to go with a skull in flames in the tint or not...or just str8 limo all around. I like it dark :)

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I have 35% all around too. I think it's dark enough without attracting unwanted attention. Pics in sig.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
5% on the sides, 5% on the rear, and about 35% on the front windsheild.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
one more

This is a good one because you can compare my car with the front windshield tinted next to a with a car with no tint.

Its really dark, but thats what I wanted. So far, I have not had any trouble with the police. They dont seem to care in my area.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
John,
How the hell do you see out of that thing.

StlBlack03,
It looks like they used bad tint on your car. It is turning purple already. I had that happen to me once. I had to peel it all off and have it redone.

Last edited:

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
So the lower the number the darker the tint. I like the dark ones but Trophy says the limit in my state is 35%. I might go with 35% - 20% but no need for unwanted attention.

Thanks for the pics.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
So the lower the number the darker the tint. I like the dark ones but Trophy says the limit in my state is 35%. I might go with 35% - 20% but no need for unwanted attention.
Well, I am not an expert, but I think it depends. The number can either represent how much light is allowed to pass through, or how much light is reflected.

For example, when I got my tint, the guy said "so you want 95%?" and I said, "oh, you mean 5% right?" and he said yes. So I think that means that the tint is supposed to block 95%, or in other words, it lets in 5%.

Do you guys know if this is correct? Or am I WAY off track?

How the hell do you see out of that thing
Lol, it can be pretty dark at night. But around here, most of the streets are pretty well lit. And I usually have the windows down. But if I am on a dark street, or if you are out in the country, it is very hard to see with the windows up at night. You do have to be pretty careful. But during the day its fine.

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
5% for me here, and the glare strip, I opted not to get the whole windshield like John did

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
35 on the side 5 on the back

Same here. Although, at night when my screen is on you can see it through the back window. :shrug: oh well.

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Originally posted by Johnny Random

Thanks for the pics.

You can always go a little lower and just find a "good" inspection spot to get your sticker. The only time my tint has ever been tested was by an officer, and I got luck and passed; I think he tested a scratch! ;-) The look of the tint also depends a lot on the color. I went with smoke, so if you get black 35% it will be darker than mine. Let me know if I can help with anything else. :beer:

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by TrophyCar
The look of the tint also depends a lot on the color. I went with smoke, so if you get black 35% it will be darker than mine. Let me know if I can help with anything else. :beer:

Oh man they have different colors too. LOL! I will have to take a trip to a place that does it and have a look. Maybe I should go for that mirror look!

BTW, nice security system.

Users who are viewing this thread