What offset for weld v series wheels?

ssblubyyou

Established Member
im getting ready to order Weld v series bead locks for my 03 Cobra. The car has a SRA from a 99-04 GT and the Cobra brakes. My question is what offset for a 15x10 wheel. My choices are either 6” or 7”. Will I have to run spacers, BFH mod, roll fender? I want to run a 28” tire as well. I searched but couldn’t find anything definite. Thanks!!!

Soap

Established Member
You need to bust out your grinder first and go to town on the caliper. 15" wheels won't fit with Cobra/Mach 1 rotors/pads.

After that, get the 7" BS, it will tuck the tire nicely. And most likely you will still need to roll your fender with a 28" tire.

--Joe

ssblubyyou

Established Member
So grind the caliper, banjo bolt and good to go? Nothing else to worry about? I assume there will be room for wheel weights as well? Thanks.

svt_snapp

Established Member
So grind the caliper, banjo bolt and good to go? Nothing else to worry about? I assume there will be room for wheel weights as well? Thanks.

I have 15 x 10.275 Weld RTS with 6.5 BS although I had to do some grinding to clear the toe rod (I'm still an IRS). To clear the brakes I changed the brake lines to MM. I did have to barely hit the banjo, bleed screw, and parking brake with a grinder. I didn't have to grind the caliper. Not sure if the 6 or 7 BS will make much of a difference.

As for tires I run 26 but I do believe most people roll the fenders for 28.

Attachments

• Brake.JPG
    Brake.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 187

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I really want to avoid wheel spacers as well. My friend had rts’s with a SRA Cobra with 6.5 bs and had to run spacers. Sorry for all the stupid questions.... I just don’t want to waste 5k on wheels/ tires to run into a major problem.

Soap

Established Member
Which RTS wheels did he have? What year axle housing? What width axles? Sounds like your buddy mixed up some parts and got too much backspace for the width axles he was using.........which is why he needed a spacer.

--Joe

ssblubyyou

Established Member
let me get this correct....swap to gt rotors/pads/brackets, 15x10 7" bs, wheel studs, roll fenders possibly( i have eastwood roller)....should be good to go? thanks.

ssblubyyou

Established Member
Just ordered my v series w/ bead lock... I chose a 15x10 w/ 7bs. Hope they fit lol. Now the hard part waiting 6-7 weeks and finding the best 28” tire and size. Ordered from jimsracingtires..... super nice guy on the phone!!!!

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Just ordered my v series w/ bead lock... I chose a 15x10 w/ 7bs. Hope they fit lol. Now the hard part waiting 6-7 weeks and finding the best 28” tire and size. Ordered from jimsracingtires..... super nice guy on the phone!!!!

Nice, A 7"bs would tuck in a little better, but also limit the width of tires you can run. Anything over 12.5" section width tire with that BS will rub on the inside.

You would be very lucky to get your rims now in 6-7 weeks. Try and get a production date from the vendor. But be ready to wait 8weeks. I ordered mine in Dec,Jan and just received them in the 2nd week of this month. And I was also told 6-7 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread