What octane for proper tune?

Monkeluv

Established Member
Alright so trying to figure out best octane to run with my set up..mind you I cant find 93 in my area,so I'm limited to either 101 race or e85.

My set up is
ported stock blower/steigermier stage 6 style
-accufab single blade throttle body with plenum
-bap
-long tubes with o/r x and borlas
-4 lb lower
-2.8 upper
-idlers
-ngk tr6s at .33
-170 thermostat with fans already adjusted
-boost bypass
-130 amp alt.
I know I need bigger injectors and mass air but depending on what route I go with fuel will determine that
thats everything ive done motor wise. i do plan on putting the comp cams xer stage 3s in but not for couple months..should i wait till i put cams in and do tune all at once?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Where do u live? Have u checked the E85 to see how good it is? Some places its E90, others its E70.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Between those I'd run E85. Even if all they had was E70 I'd run it. Your wallet will thank you.

Unless you're want the lopey idle skip the cams. Save those for when you're trying to get every last horsepower.

Last edited:

Monkeluv

Established Member
You guys think boost will be too tight with my set up? I'm guessing around 15/16 mabe 17 psi

01yellercobra

Established Member
What do you mean by too tight? If you mean too much I'd say you're fine. Lots of people run those levels on pump gas.

Monkeluv

Established Member
What do you mean by too tight? If you mean too much I'd say you're fine. Lots of people run those levels on pump gas.
Stupid auto text.dont I know how it got tight from much. .maybe I should proof read from now on lol..but ok that's what I thought..I was told running my set up on 91 will damage my motor

01yellercobra

Established Member
I wouldn't run 25psi on 91. But I'd say 15-17 is ok. I'm at 18psi right now. Granted I tune on the conservative side.

Users who are viewing this thread