What mods would be more beneficial?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yes metcos are already at the house waiting. Think i might just grab the maf and bap now to be safe. A lot of people seem to prefer the mafia. I'll probably go that route. Appreciate y'alls input

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

If you're going to do it get a MAF and skip the MAFia. I ran one for a while and prefer the upgraded MAF.

termin8rdsg

Established Member
That’s the strangest looking pulley I’ve seen. Your right op it looks rough but if it’s properly tuned you might already be around 450-460 already.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MoGunz

Established Member
Yea you might be right. I'm just nervous about the previous tune. Think i would rather have piece of mind knowing it was done correctly. Also that pulley is an eye sore.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm assuming you tried the mafia? I do like the thought of a fresh maf unit but why the maf over mafia?

Shadow it has frame ties from original owner.

Was that for me? I just preferred tuning with the MAF only. I never had an issue with the MAFia. It was just another component that needed adjustments and possible failure point. That's the same reason I'm not a fan of the BAP.

That’s the strangest looking pulley I’ve seen. Your right op it looks rough but if it’s properly tuned you might already be around 450-460 already.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I was thinking it looks like the idlers that came on my car. I did some digging and from what I found they came from Reichard Racing. I'm slowing changing them to Metcos.

MoGunz

Established Member
Was that for me? I just preferred tuning with the MAF only. I never had an issue with the MAFia. It was just another component that needed adjustments and possible failure point. That's the same reason I'm not a fan of the BAP.

I was thinking it looks like the idlers that came on my car. I did some digging and from what I found they came from Reichard Racing. I'm slowing changing them to Metcos.
Yes was for you. Sorry, I am not always organized. I am simply a man. Think I'll pick up a 2600. what is your preference to address fuel? Bigger pumps?

My better half measured that pulley at 3 1/4" from lip to lip. I figure the belt looks flush so subtract about 1/8" x 2 = 3" pulley?

KLLR SNK

Established Member
I would do suspension work before throwing too much more power at the motor: subframe connectors, diff cover, bushings, good tires, etc. Measure the pulley then decide if a change is warranted, if needed get a tuner and have Malcolmv8, 04sleeper, or Don Lasota freshen up the tune.

FYI: I have a welded and ported oem TB and plenum I would sell if you want to consider an inexpensive route to more unrestricted air.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yes was for you. Sorry, I am not always organized. I am simply a man. Think I'll pick up a 2600. what is your preference to address fuel? Bigger pumps?

I would wait and see on the fuel personally. I'm only running the GT pumps because they're leftover from my old car. My buddy has stock pumps with a ported blower and we just maxed them out while tuning. And they have close to 200k miles on them. He doesn't even have a wire upgrade.

cj428mach

Established Member

I've never tuned the MAFia but as I understand it if the MAFia dies you just go back to a stock maf transfer which could result in a bad tune....if the car will even run. A replacement MAF makes more sense.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've never tuned the MAFia but as I understand it if the MAFia dies you just go back to a stock maf transfer which could result in a bad tune....if the car will even run. A replacement MAF makes more sense.

That's possible. But since the MAFia is between the sensor and the harness I would think if it died the car just wouldn't run. It's just kind of weird to tune with. There's a point where the MAFia takes over the curve. So there's a shift in the curve while datalogging. At least that's how it was in mine. There was a "step" in the middle of the MAF curve when doing a pull. I was running it with a Lightning MAF and ended up pegging that set up anyway.

cj428mach

Established Member
I thought the mafia boosted the sensor from 5 volt to 7 volt. I assume if it died it just went back to 5v.

MoGunz

Established Member
I would do suspension work before throwing too much more power at the motor: subframe connectors, diff cover, bushings, good tires, etc. Measure the pulley then decide if a change is warranted, if needed get a tuner and have Malcolmv8, 04sleeper, or Don Lasota freshen up the tune.

FYI: I have a welded and ported oem TB and plenum I would sell if you want to consider an inexpensive route to more unrestricted air.
Has frame ties and fresh nitto 555s. 10.5s in the rear. I'm assuming a diff cover would allow more gear oil in the box? Bushings can be done. I also read about the IRS bolts I may go that route as well. I think I'm going to slap this steeda 2.8 in and get a fresh dyno tune just for ease of mind.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Has frame ties and fresh nitto 555s. 10.5s in the rear. I'm assuming a diff cover would allow more gear oil in the box? Bushings can be done. I also read about the IRS bolts I may go that route as well. I think I'm going to slap this steeda 2.8 in and get a fresh dyno tune just for ease of mind.

You don’t wanna overfill the rear with a new cover it will spray everywhere. Ask me I know lol. I believe it’s 1.5qrts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
What's the point if a different diff cover? Just a stronger material? I'm just guessing here.

factory covers are weak they leak and break. An IRS brace is just a bandaid mine leaked with one when bought it. Went with a Ford Racing cover and power stroke grey rtv and haven’t looked back.

MoGunz

Established Member
factory covers are weak they leak and break. An IRS brace is just a bandaid mine leaked with one when bought it. Went with a Ford Racing cover and power stroke grey rtv and haven’t looked back.

I have read about those getting mauled. I have some money to play with I'll look into it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I thought the mafia boosted the sensor from 5 volt to 7 volt. I assume if it died it just went back to 5v.
I honestly don't know the specs behind it. That was back when I was first getting into tuning. At this point I suggest to anyone looking to just upgrade the MAF.

Users who are viewing this thread