What mods would be more beneficial?

MoGunz

Established Member
So recently irritated my wife and bought stuff.

-Idlers with aux pulley
-2.8 pulley
-170 thermostat
-afco H/E
-plugs/wires
-74.5" Gates belt (hope that's right)
-steeda oil seperator
-tune (sct x4 in route)

I also ordered bbk LTs and cat x pipe it already has a steeda catback. She's been flipping about money and i was wondering instead if i should cancel that order and go with a TB, maf and bap. What do you guys think? The local shop wants $650 for a tune so i want to get it right the first time. Should I go 2600 or 3000 maf? I will be going KB or TVS but much later. Any input?

Thanks!
E

MoGunz

Established Member
Also it has the fipk. I Will be replacing that eventually but for now i dont mind it. Honestly would be nice if i could just find a tube for it but I haven't had any luck.

cj428mach

Established Member
Id hold off on the exhaust. Gains are minimal.

That tune price is crazy. If you need a handheld and tune you can't beat the price. If you have a handheld id go remote tune with Malcolmv8 or 04sleeper

01yellercobra

Established Member
What wires did you get? These cars don't have spark plug wires. If you ordered aftermarket COPs send them back. Unless you're ported chances are you won't need the MAF. I wouldn't bother with the TB until you get the TVS or KB. I wouldn't bother with the BAP either. But then I'm not really a fan of them. When you step up to a bigger blower then upgrade the fuel system. Cancel the headers and mid pipe. If you're still running a stock mid pipe maybe try an off road pipe. Or a catted one.

Last time I looked at the Steeda separator it was the same thing you could get at Lowe's or Home Depot for separating water in an air compressor. And much cheaper as well.

I think someone on here is making over 600hp with an FIPK.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Skip the exhaust. If anything just buy a midpipe LT’s won’t get you much. If your not installing them yourself you’ll spend more on that. I agree with CJ428 the cost for that tune sounds absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoGunz

Established Member
I thought 650 seemed a bit high. I already have a sct x4 in route, maybe they thought i needed one. I didn't buy wires for the plugs yet I just assumed I needed them. I'm deployed and havent really gotten a chance to dig around under the hood. Wanted a tune up and assumed I guess. I will cancel the order on the exhaust. After doing some research I realized that was probably a bad idea just wanted to ask. So dont do TB/MAF/BAP? I want to drive it around 450hp for a bit to get used to it. The oil seperator ill eat its fine. I appreciate yalls help and so does the old lady!!! Thanks

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
You shouldn’t need a maf, tb, or BAP. Every car is different. If your just pulleying it you shouldn’t. Also add NGK TR-6 plugs to your list as well. Good luck and thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoGunz

Established Member
Already have tr6 sittin at the house! My car has a pulley on it and i dont know what kind it is. Was just going to replace it. It's not that bulky black one I keep seeing that i believe is factory, it looks smaller. Looks like the billetflow but with a crappier finish and no hub/hex bolts on front. I was going to have my wife take a photo and ask if anyone knows what it is. I can't find it online. And thanks

cj428mach

Established Member
If you already have a pulley, and its been tuned for a long time then I'd just leave it alone and not install any of the stuff you bought. I'd sit down and come up with goals of where you want to be with the car when its done. For the money you plan to spend on a pulley/tune, heat exchanger, headers, midpipe, you could have a used 2.3l blower on the car.

I thought the car was still stock pulley so it made sense to me to at least go with an upper and tune to enjoy the car a lot more. Now that I know it has an upper, I'd start looking at end goals so you don't do a bunch of modding twice.

MoGunz

Established Member
I think I uploaded a picture. I'm not sure what kind of pulley that is but im pretty sure i want a smaller one. I understand what you're saying though. The exhaust already was returned. I just want more power for now until I get all the parts to make a monster. Cooling stuff is a different story though I dont think that stuff will be replaced again unless it fouls. Never seen this pulley though I've been looking online all day.

Attachments

• IMG_16611.jpg
    IMG_16611.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 362

MoGunz

Established Member
That's what i read. It's really hit or miss with the bap and maf. I wanted the TB just because I was going to change it anyways. I figured it wouldn't hurt. I also read it wasn't ideal to run close to pegging your maf. I dont know.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Surprised no one has chimed in on the stock idlers..
They have been known to crack and explode. Spend that money on a good set of idler pulleys for the blower belt.

MoGunz

Established Member
Yes metcos are already at the house waiting. Think i might just grab the maf and bap now to be safe. A lot of people seem to prefer the mafia. I'll probably go that route. Appreciate y'alls input

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Yep, missed that somehow lol. Saw the old ones in the picture, made me think of it.

cj428mach

Established Member
I would measure that upper. If its 2.9 to 3.0 i don't think its worth changing an retuning. If so a maf and bap aren't needed either.

MoGunz

Established Member
I would measure that upper. If its 2.9 to 3.0 i don't think its worth changing an retuning. If so a maf and bap aren't needed either.
Would like to but will have to wait until I get home in a couole months. I was trying to find it online to see what sizes they made but it doesn't seem to exist. I thought it was factory until I looked it up a couple days ago. The tune was pulled from the last owner but i do have the Diablo handheld so it's probably still in there. Dude put a narrowband light show in there so i have no idea how the a/f looks. I'd imagine it's leaned out right now. Luckily dude only had the car 3 months and barely drove it. My only problem is I dont know what kind of tune it was. The thought of a mail order kind of scares me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I would get the MAF as a piece of mind, it leaves room for other things in the future

Users who are viewing this thread