What mods to enable a GT comparable to a Boss

Loosescrews

Established Member
In your opinion what mods will bring the GT up to Boss standards? How much would one have to invest? Will the mods needed void the warranty?

:beer:

WHITEMACH

Established Member
if you mean hp wise,,,,,,,cold air, or xpipe, tune,youll be around a stock boss.around 1k

Last edited:

jayman33

It would be cheaper to just buy a Boss. You'll need different suspension, brake pads, more power, tires, etc.

You think? The boss is a good 10k more from what I've seen. I think you can find a 2011 around Fort Bragg for about 31k for the premium. I bought a 2011 GT and have 15k set aside for parts. Should be able to compare it to a boss when I'm done. :dancenana:

acrbill

Established Member
Yeah but you won't have those fugly wheels and the goofy paint job. LOL

You think? The boss is a good 10k more from what I've seen. I think you can find a 2011 around Fort Bragg for about 31k for the premium. I bought a 2011 GT and have 15k set aside for parts. Should be able to compare it to a boss when I'm done. :dancenana:

dynasty_365

Established Member
Y shoot for a boss. If u have 15k to spend on mods that's a blower and full suspension upgrades and some M/T's if I had 15k to spend man I'd go crazy. With that muc u can surpass cobras

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
off topic but is the boss underatted? i find it odd that its a different...everything (cams, heads, intake manifold, etc) and only makes under 30 more hp...I know horsepower is just a number and track times are what counts...but still.

jayman33

I currently have a 2011. I'm in the process of spending the 15k and yes...I'm going crazy. Been searching everywhere for the right blower plus I'm not much of a "drag guy" as I prefer road course/ autocrossing which makes me curious on what would be the right blower. The blower is one of the last things I've been deciding on, the suspension is all purchased. All the supporting mods have been picked out (driveshaft, clutch, fuel supply, exhaust, etc)

ViciousJay

Established Member
off topic but is the boss underatted? i find it odd that its a different...everything (cams, heads, intake manifold, etc) and only makes under 30 more hp...I know horsepower is just a number and track times are what counts...but still.

if anything its overrated and brembo's that are supposed to be the best really cant take hot laps very well from what i read

Roger Davis

RSD
Established Member
if anything its overrated and brembo's that are supposed to be the best really cant take hot laps very well from what i read

I think the Brembo's are plenty big enough for some serious open tracking. Remember they come with street pads from the factory. A good set of track pads will work wonders. If your an over breaker like some are then I suggest some cooling ducts with hoses and backing plates.

RD

dynasty_365

Established Member
man personally i saw a boss in person when a guy was buying one and u really have to b a true mustang enthusiast to get that car. i mean for 45k all u get is 30 more hp, some rims, a paint job on a base 5.0 like its really a bare bones car and i wouldnt pay 45 for it. if i'm going to pay 45 for car i might as well get a cobra for 47 and do a little suspension work if i wanted to road course it. base model 5.0 is 29,500 down here now u have 15k to spend man fk a boss make a damn roadcourse super snake or something lol

SicShelby09

Banned
man personally i saw a boss in person when a guy was buying one and u really have to b a true mustang enthusiast to get that car. i mean for 45k all u get is 30 more hp, some rims, a paint job on a base 5.0 like its really a bare bones car and i wouldnt pay 45 for it. if i'm going to pay 45 for car i might as well get a cobra for 47 and do a little suspension work if i wanted to road course it. base model 5.0 is 29,500 down here now u have 15k to spend man fk a boss make a damn roadcourse super snake or something lol

That couldnt be farther from the truth. The boss has a completely different drive train. The boss motor is forged with several differences from the regular 5.0 and it comes with a TR6060 trans.... Dont forget all the handling bits it has.

:fart:

RcodeStang

Established Member

You get a lot more than 30hp...

Users who are viewing this thread