What mid pipe to run!?!?!?!

LeoGSVT

Banned
im getting rid of my bassani headers, because im going to be making some custom manifolds for the turbo setup..and im wondering if i should keep my bassani o/r x pipe and maggnaflow catback...do you think this setup would sound good with turbos running through it?? i want it to be nice and deep..what mid pipe are people running? i know people are having good results with the stingers but what are the mid pipe setups looking like?????

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Bassani is the way to go imo. I'm keeping my x pipe and exhaust bassani. Haven't heard it yet though. I just unclamped the flanged ends on the x pipe and adapted it to my pipes coming from the turbo exhaust pipes. Keep it :coolman:

P.S. I'll get a pic of it soon if you want.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

if you are going to a turbo you will need a custom mid pipe unless you are able to fab the headers so they reconnect to the same stock location from the downpipe..good luck with that one.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
If it is the 5 piece Bassani midpipe, you won't have any problems making it work for you since you can leave the first sections on each side out, but you will have to fab some small pieces to connect to it!

If it's a 1 piece midpipe, be ready to cut it apart!

IMHO the Bassani midpipe will sound great with turbos!

Ken

TRBO VNM

if it is a catted mid it will really quiet down the exhaust note. a turbo acts as a muffler already. that is why a straight thru muffler works best. baffled mufflers don't sound that great with turbo setups. right now he stingers have sounded the best that I have heard. although when at WOT and behind a turbo car, all you hear is a jet engine. :rockon:

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
4sdvenom said:
If it is the 5 piece Bassani midpipe, you won't have any problems making it work for you since you can leave the first sections on each side out, but you will have to fab some small pieces to connect to it!

If it's a 1 piece midpipe, be ready to cut it apart!

IMHO the Bassani midpipe will sound great with turbos!

Ken

Yea, what he said, but he explained it better. :thumbsup:

LeoGSVT

Banned
yeah my bassani x is one piece..but its been fabbed a little bit before..the shop that is making my kit can do all the fabbin and bending in shop but i think i may want to hold on to the actual x pipe!?! or should i run it straight through?? im going to keep my maggnaflows as of now and see what they sound like...anybody just run dumps? straight off the turbo?? how would this sound?? maybe run a cutout?

bouncer18

Established Member
I had Mac FlowPath dumps

changed to Maganaflow muffler and gained 10 HP on the dyno

and it sounds stock

Users who are viewing this thread