What makes cars not fun to drive daily.

TallyGT

Established Member
In your opinion, what mods make mustangs not fun to drive on a daily basis. This will wildly be dependent on your location, please include why where you live affects this if it does. These can be purely opinions, or backed by actual first hand experiences.

Last edited:

helloWorld

Established Member
I live in Nebraska.

Mods that would make a mustang not fun to daily drive:

• Too much low end torque, as this causes issues with snow, ice, and slush driving
  • Being too loud (interior and exterior), this also includes exhaust that is loud but does not sound good at all
  • Ride way too stiff
  • Car won't start in certain conditions

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Noise/Vibration, Being too low, Visibility, Space, bad in snow/ice, ticket magnet. Those are the reasons I don't daily the mustang. And too much time and money into it at this point.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
All the ass clowns that ride your ass or along side of you thinking they can run with you in their tomato can Hondas, and Subarus!

bohica281

Established Member
If it is to loud. The S197 has the mufflers at the back end now compared to the older chassis (fox,sn94) with tailpipes that would muffle the sound some. Which can make these cars sometimes a little obnoxious with certain muffler combos.

stags

Established Member
My personal opinions, I already know you'll demand my man card for this:

1. Too high of gears. My 3.73s are fun but 4.10 would drink gas on the freeway. Didn't buy the car for fuel economy but why waste?
2. Axlebacks that drone. Pulled the outlaws off for this reason.
3. A blower. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I am very happy with a bolt on car that I know is safe. Meaning I am not at all worried that my trans/ block is living on borrowed time. Critical point of being a dd- it has to be ready to go, all the time, without being a source of worry.

~ on loudness. I'm pretty loud but if I baby it I am not going to wake the neighborhood. Corsas are pretty mellow down low. In certain situations I could see how this would be a bigger problem.

I would also say that adjustable suspension is very nice- can make as hard or soft as I want. Would not want full hard for a dd.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Being catless and pcv delete sucks. I can combat the pcv by keeping my hvac on recycle but the gas smell from no cats... Nothing to do about that besides run e85

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Eh, my car is damn loud with the Bassani's and O/R X, rides stiff(er) than stock, is a cop magnet, but I honestly love driving it every day. Sometimes the exhaust can get a little overbearing on the interstate as I don't really wanna listen to that at 4am driving to work, but it sounds too good to change.

Vert

Established Member
A dirty ass car and too many mods to where you second guess if its still dependable.

Holovacko

Established Member
Drag radials..... I leave them on the car, but don't daily drive it anymore in case of rain. The exhaust is obnoxious, but I refuse to admit my wife is right, so, for my neighbors sake, I try not to start it too early in the morning.

clc44

Established Member
Mine is a great dd atm. Basic bolt ons, not too loud. I'm adding long tubes and cat less X pipe, hopefully it's tolerable. I think lowering it too much makes it no fun. My mach 1 was that way. This car rides great with its set up. The auto helps, I got tired of shifting as well.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Solid mounts/suspension bushings. Thats the turning point for me when my nice car goes to sounding like my 24 year old fox

Users who are viewing this thread