What lower/upper pulley combo?

04ssssvt

04ssssvt
Established Member
Hey guys, Im thinking about going steggy stg 4 port but Im unsure of the pulley combo I want to do. I have the 2.8 upper on their now. What would be a good lower pulley? Im leaning towards the 4# but Im scared its to much boost for the eaton (19psi). any advice will be great.. thanks

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
If you're going to keep that 2.80 upper on there, the addition of a 2 lb lower will get you approximately 16.5 lbs of boost which is what many Terminator owners like to run with their Stage IV ports. More and more folks appear to be going with higher boosted setups with their ported Eatons and several are running 2.80/4 lb or 2.93/6 lb combos, (me included!). This will get you about 17.2-17.5 lbs of boost with a stock exhaust manifolds, hi flow cat setup. Throw some long tubes and an off road midpipe on, and you'll be back down in the 16's.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
I'm only seeing a peak of ~14 PSI @ 6,500 with a 2.8/2lb and the port, in ~60* weather - catted X pipe, no headers, no belt slip. :shrug:

Maybe my blower's dying and that's why I'm 30 less RWHP and TQ than I used to be (before my engine rebuild).

Going to try a 4lb lower and see how that helps, the IAT2's are ~120* at the end of a 2nd through 4th gear pull, the 4lb may blow too much hot air up top (~150*+).

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
thats whats killing you steeda.. get those IAT2's down a bit... also what filter are you using? i picked up a straight shot 10" LFP fliter and i can feel a differnece compared to my 9" one.. i know i picked up some new ponys for sure... maye your car isnt breathing properly...

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Gladiator said:
thats whats killing you steeda.. get those IAT2's down a bit... also what filter are you using? i picked up a straight shot 10" LFP fliter and i can feel a differnece compared to my 9" one.. i know i picked up some new ponys for sure... maye your car isnt breathing properly...
Well 120* is pretty good, just don't want anything over 150*. I've got a Gords HE and LFP resovoir (doesn't help with cooling, might help prevent heat soaking the fluid so fast though)

Using a Steeda CAI (straight shot design with a shield)

Last edited:

Rustan

Dude in a Cobra
Established Member
IronTerp said:
If you're going to keep that 2.80 upper on there, the addition of a 2 lb lower will get you approximately 16.5 lbs of boost which is what many Terminator owners like to run with their Stage IV ports. More and more folks appear to be going with higher boosted setups with their ported Eatons and several are running 2.80/4 lb or 2.93/6 lb combos, (me included!). This will get you about 17.2-17.5 lbs of boost with a stock exhaust manifolds, hi flow cat setup. Throw some long tubes and an off road midpipe on, and you'll be back down in the 16's.
What he said, but if you are going to the trouble to put a lower on I would switch to the 2.93/4lb vs. the 2.8/2lb because you will come into the torque sooner. Or be like me and stay upper only and have suprisingly high tq :-D .....for an upper only car that is.

Last edited:

04ssssvt

04ssssvt
Established Member
Car put out 441/464 with the 2.8. I want more power but at the same time keep it reliable. Boostin - what did you dyno?

Last edited:

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
mods in sig..I love my 2.80/4# lower combo...TQ is f-in unreal...
approx. 17.5-18 #'s of boost in cold weather..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not a big fan of the 2.80/2.76 upper due to the increased chance of belt slip. I'd go with either the 2.93/4 lb. or 2.93/6 lb. combos. I probably would lean towards the former, but many (like Iron Terp said) are now choosing the latter. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread