What lower pulley should I go with?

SonicBeast

Established Member
Right now I'm running a steg stage v port and 2.76 upper. I have a BAP and a mafia waiting to go on as soon as I'm ready to have it retuned. The more I've been reading the more I've been leaning towards putting a lower on it before I tune it. I'm really not sure what's all involved in that as far as parts so I was hoping for some help. What combo should I run? Will a bap and mafia be sufficient? How hard is the install? Any experience would be appreciated. Thanks

SonicBeast

Established Member
I also don't wanna be pushing it. More conservative boost levels for a 70k miles stock long block. Looking more for reliability than crazy power numbers.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
A bap and mafia area great but you might need to upgrade the injectors. Then decode how much hp you want in the future so you buy injectors once.

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
If looking for a conservative boost level for your motor I wouldnt go with 2.76 and lower pulley withought a killer chiller. My opinion is 2.76 spins the eaton too much. You may get a good hp reading on your first couple pulls but you will heat soak after that. Go for less boost and more tq. I like the 2.9/4lb combo. This is just my opinion. Others im sure will disagree. Good luck

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Go with a Metco 4# Lower....You'll also need a 3.2" Alt pulley, get 60# injectors (unless E-85 is in your future, go 80#)

Good luck....

BennyBoy

Established Member
I'm running a 2.93/4lb setup. If you wanna keep the 2.76, I'd run a 2lb lower but belt slip is more likely. If you're willing to change both, look into the 2.93/4lb or 3.1/6lb.

Users who are viewing this thread