what kind of wax

bOmber

blah blah blah
Established Member
Originally posted by cnepace
Heres a good article for you NXT lovers! LOL it got its ass whipped by Turtle wax! LOL At least NXT didn't come in dead last, 6th out of 7 products aint bad :rolleyes:

Bottoem Line, Many people fall for Meguairs advertising and don't really compare it to superior products. Not saying NXT sucks, but I am saying if you want to use the best, go elsewhere.

I'm not big on magazine reviews and what not, i mostly go from personal experience. As many white car owners know its takes a lot to make a good shine and i found that nxt work pretty good with very little effort. But you might as well list this as a what cat back is the best subject... cause it's all personal preference.

NorCalLightning

Silver Is Best!!
Established Member
Originally posted by bOmber
... cause it's all personal preference.

Pretty much. But with any wax you use, just make sure you clay it (if it needs it) because it makes a huge difference in the end result.

Steve

NXGHOST

Established Member
I agree but I myself do a lot of product testing and was hoping the NXT would do better. I also have a white Cobra and Klasse makes the white much deeper (Which is hard to do on white). I also like durability whereas Klasse will last up to 9 months. NXT can not be layered effectively which sucks, Other pure sealants with no cleaners can be layered to increase depth. If you like a product stick with it though. There will always be someone faster and shinier anyway! LOL

bOmber

blah blah blah
Established Member
Originally posted by NorCalLightning
Pretty much. But with any wax you use, just make sure you clay it (if it needs it) because it makes a huge difference in the end result.

Steve
Yeah I found the clay bar is great for my rear bumper cause I seem to get alot of rail dust on it, just dont drop the thing on the ground:)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Spray some diluted car wash soap, or detail spray in a small area, and gently rub the clay bar across the slick surface. You will feel it working. Do not rub the claybar in any areas that are dry because it will stick, and you will have to get the bars residue off somehow. It is easy, and does not take long at all. Do it on a clean car, and when you are done, wash the car again.

mx_9

Established Member
icu812 said:
Megs Gold Class w/ a final coat of The Wax Shops Super Glaze
but follow steps to a perfect shine
1. wash your car with a quality wash. (Megs seems to work best for me) using a natural sea sponge (the best and won't promote scratches)

2.clay your car use lots of quick detailer for lubrication( i like the original CLAY BAR but Megs is OK to)

3. use a quality polish (I like 3M perfect it swirl remover)
4.use a quality Glaze such as The Wax Shops Super Glaze.

5.wax with a quality product.(if you experience any "streaking"after wiping off the wax use some of the quick detailer and case closed)

6. now go get the sunglasses and step back, BE-Cause you are gonna need them.

be sure to invest in plenty of micro-fiber cloths ,use them to do all the drying & wiping this way will yield a smooooth surface while not scratching your precious paint

Ahhh, the proper way to do the job. Most people skip the polish step and that's the stuff that does not break down like wax does. Anyway, the above is the proper way to do the job.

spree

Established Member
On a torch red? I'd say Clearkote Vanilla Moose topped with EX-P or Natty's or S100 or Carnauba Moose Wax.

Scott P

Established Member
On red, I prefer Clearkote Vanilla Moose topped by Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax. Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba topped by Natty's Paste Wax is also a wet looking option for red. I like carnauba waxes on reds as I think they give it the wet look that is fantastic on red.

If you wish to go the sealant route, Poorboy's EX is a good choice. Klasse All In One (AIO) topped by Klasse Sealant Glaze looks nice too. Zaino is also an option worth looking into. It all boils down to how you want the car to look.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Too many options. What do you pro waxers do. I dont do enough for mine and I need to. What clay bar, polish, and wax should i get for my black?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Ok, what is the deal with Klasse, where do you get it, and is it a one product wonder, any requirements to use a carnuba or sealant, or is it good to go by itself? I'm out of Zaino and don't want to try something new.

spree

Established Member
03yllwguy said:
Ok, what is the deal with Klasse, where do you get it, and is it a one product wonder, any requirements to use a carnuba or sealant, or is it good to go by itself? I'm out of Zaino and don't want to try something new.

autogeek.net sells it. You'll need to buy the "All-In-One" (aka AIO) along with the High Gloss Sealant Glaze. I don't think the AIO does anything for swirl marks, so you'll probably need a seperate product to take care of those.

Users who are viewing this thread