what kind of pulley on the new shelby??

svt2003cobra

Banned
This pulley is wierd, i wonder if it is clutch activated like Mercedes. Or if they made it harder to replace it?

ShelbyCobraGT500Show_15-s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
We'll have to wait and see what actally comes on the car... Kinda looks like a clutch style though...May limit the boost to come on only at 3000+rpm...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's only a concept, right? So some of what we see won't even make it to the final product, or will be changed.

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
I Talked to SVT on the phone today. The supercharger has not been finalized as to which brand of blower will end up on the production car.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Perhaps they engineered it so that a pulley swap would be very difficult to stop all the people who blow their engine and claim warranty work.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
Perhaps they engineered it so that a pulley swap would be very difficult to stop all the people who blow their engine and claim warranty work.

I believe you are right. :rolling: They are going to offer a very powerful car and know people are going to try and mod it like the '03/'04 and don't want to go through all the trouble off warranty claims that cost lots of money.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
Perhaps they engineered it so that a pulley swap would be very difficult...
But that didn't stop us from getting the pressed fit ones (as opposed to simply keyed and bolted) off of the '03 and '04s, did it, hee hee! ;-)

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
But that didn't stop us from getting the pressed fit ones (as opposed to simply keyed and bolted) off of the '03 and '04s, did it, hee hee!

Well, this one almost looks like the pulley and the snout are one. So that a pulley swap would entail taking a lot more off than just the pulley. If that's true that was probably pretty smart of Ford.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I will be happy with 520hp, and that will only take intake and exhaust, but this time I'm going for the loud exhaust!

Users who are viewing this thread