What kind of clutch?

red03dave

Established Member
Putting together a DIY kit with a Precision T-76, in AZ we only have 91 octane. Probably will never see slicks on it. Setup for road race (complete MM setup front and rear, has 18's on it now). My brother says I need to buy a Twin disc and never look back but I don't have the funds for it yet. Right now I just have a FRP king cobra clutch. Anyone have any luck or good things to say about any strong single disc or would my current clutch just get nuked in no time flat? Motor should be coming together next week so your input would be great!

TRBO VNM

I really like the spec 3+.

and I sure hope you plan to stay high in the rpm range for road racing and having that size turbo.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Are you upgrading because something's wrong with yours? Why fix it if it aint broke? The FRPP clutches are a lot stronger than people give them credit for.

red03dave

Established Member
I really like the spec 3+.

and I sure hope you plan to stay high in the rpm range for road racing and having that size turbo.

I bought comp valve train and I am running stock 3.55's with a toresen diff, I wanted to go with a smaller turbo but everyone told me the precision spooled a little earlier and the difference between a T72 and a T76 was nominal, any truth to that? Plus I know that thing will be hair ball if I don't lower the boost when I at the track...

Are you upgrading because something's wrong with yours? Why fix it if it aint broke? The FRPP clutches are a lot stronger than people give them credit for.

Not broke - works great...just don't want to but it back up in the air if I can get by on the FRPP I have now, it is a King Cobra.

syclone50

Established Member
spec stage3+ here. It drives great and have never had a problem with it. I agree with what 19cobra93 said. He has ran mid 10's @125ish with his STOCK clutch. Just a thought, they arent too hard to change so maybe wait for it to take a shit.

red03dave

Established Member
spec stage3+ here. It drives great and have never had a problem with it. I agree with what 19cobra93 said. He has ran mid 10's @125ish with his STOCK clutch. Just a thought, they arent too hard to change so maybe wait for it to take a shit.

Well after that said I will wait thank you guys for the input and after it does take a shit - looks like the spec 3 or 3+ will be it, thanks again.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
There are a ton of guys running the Spec 3+ out here with great success, Id recommend that over a 3. Also if you can spare the extra cash zoom makes a twin disc that is very reasonably priced and will hold pretty much anything you can throw at it, also the McLeod twin is just a bit more than the Spec and works with the stock/aftermarket flywheel as well. I just know the twin will be more streetable and hold more power than any single disc clutch so if you can go that route it's be best, but the Spec 3+ has been proven time and time again as far as performance/drivibility/reliability.

Josh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread