What kind of adhesive?

fordfx584

Established Member
Hey guys I tried to search for this but was unsuccessful. Ok I just removed my valve covers on my 03 in order to get powder coated. I removed the SVT bag from passenger side VC and the other valve cover badge from drivers side utilizing a putty knife. My question is after I get them back what adheres them to the powder coating that with stands the heat(What does Ford use?) Thanks in advance!

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
You can use pretty much anything. I actually used gorilla glue when I stuck mine back on.. just make sure you don't mess up with the placement lol

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Hey guys I tried to search for this but was unsuccessful. Ok I just removed my valve covers on my 03 in order to get powder coated. I removed the SVT bag from passenger side VC and the other valve cover badge from drivers side utilizing a putty knife. My question is after I get them back what adheres them to the powder coating that with stands the heat(What does Ford use?) Thanks in advance!

I'm doing the same thing aswell. I planned on using gorilla glue like mentioned above. Where did you get yours powdercoated? Where at in florida are you?

03' White Snake

Established Member
I would use the 3M adhesive, that stuff is incredibly strong. I would bet that's what Ford is using at the factory.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Just regular clear silicone caulk works great and is easy to cut if you ever need to remove it in the future. Other adhesive types that harden will cause damage to the plate if you ever try to remove it in the future.

I'D WIN

Established Member
RTV or the 3M adhesive. The gorilla glue expands and it will be very difficult to remove.

Users who are viewing this thread