WHAT K MEMBER WITH NO OIL filter RELOCATION KIT

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
Like it sais what aftermarket k member can I use with out the oil filter relocation kit....my buddy used a upr and he had to massage the oil filter a little to get it to fit ...but is there any nice chrome moly kmembers out there. ....just dont like the idea of having extra shit to potentially leak...

Tractionless1

Established Member
AJE here with OE filter location. They also have the option of keeping the OE A-arms etc. if you don't want to go coil over and I can vouch for its fit. Solid engine mounts though, not for ya softies who gotta quiet shifters etc.

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
Racecraft.
you can get it in chromoly and add spring perches. they accept factory a-arms as well.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I really think I'm going to try the steedas piece just because it's solid and does not require coil overs. I've just been waiting on more people to use it but I think at that price people veer away.

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
What's the primary reason you guys are installing these aftermarket k-members? Weight reduction or ease of installing long tubes? or both?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
What's the primary reason you guys are installing these aftermarket k-members? Weight reduction or ease of installing long tubes? or both?

Malcolm,

Weight reduction and decreased coverage allowing more access for maintenance is the only reason I want one. They do look alittle trick though. :-D

ctgreddy

Established Member
Just curious on the kmembers that hit the filters, where does it hit at? is it side clearance or length clearance? if it's the side of the filters hitting the fl500 is a narrower/longer filter that may be an option.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Just curious on the kmembers that hit the filters, where does it hit at? is it side clearance or length clearance? if it's the side of the filters hitting the fl500 is a narrower/longer filter that may be an option.

Im running the UPR and the factory oil filter is to long to run. There are several other filter options out there that I can still choose from that will fit. Im running a WIX filter currently, not the one made directly for our cars but I found one that fits and flows the same as the one for our cars. I also know the AC Delco filter, Super Tech filter, and the Amsoil filters all will clear with ease.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Malcolm, for me personally, I was considering doing it just because I need to drop the stocker anyway when I install my headers, so I was thinking about adding something stronger and potentially lighter "while I was in there anyway". I don't race the car, so I would ONLY want one that could utilize stock type spring perches, and arms. Still haven't decided on a brand/model yet which is why this thread is of interest to me.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Chromoly UPR K-member here and no issues at all. There isn't a whole lot of room to play with when changing the filter but I have had no issues of not being able to get it on or off.

Tractionless1

Established Member
With aje you have to use their aftermarket engine mounts...that wasn't an option for me

Ah yes, thanks I edited my post to include said info. for future consideration.

35 lbs. lighter, WAY more room to do under motor work.

Im running the UPR and the factory oil filter is to long to run. There are several other filter options out there that I can still choose from that will fit. Im running a WIX filter currently, not the one made directly for our cars but I found one that fits and flows the same as the one for our cars. I also know the AC Delco filter, Super Tech filter, and the Amsoil filters all will clear with ease.

Have you tried the shorter but larger diameter Ford Racing filter? Should be using it anyway due to much more filter media capacity.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Have you tried the shorter but larger diameter Ford Racing filter? Should be using it anyway due to much more filter media capacity.

What's the part #? I've used the OEM spec'd filter since new but I'm always open to exploring options.

Mystic03

Established Member
i run the chormoly and cannot use factory style filters...had to go to a moroso race filter

Users who are viewing this thread