What is with these young kids???

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Jay
how much does a brand new cobra go for? fully loaded of course? man they are sweet cars. i would get black on black.
Sticker price is about $29K for coupes, $32K 'verts. The only options are spoiler (which the vast majority already have...) and polished chrome wheels. CD changer, traction control, power everything: all standard...

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Jimbo-

Sure they are 28-29-30 around our neck of the woods... lol but up north they cost alot more

01Snake

Established Member
I can understand what some of the young guys are going through...back in 89, at the tender young age of 19, I bought my first new Stang. I busted my butt saving from the age of 15, so I could buy a new set of wheels when I came of age. I got a lot of "daddy bought it" flack, but learned to ignore it.

FWIW, Cobras up North can be had for list if you pick them up around June/July. This is typically when the dealers remove the "market value adjustments". Also, don't forget those optional $30 floor mats...how $30 floor mats can be optional on a 30k car is beyond me...

Last edited:

WV351_Lightning

Established Member
Hey guys, new to the board, but I am glad that I found this place!

Let me start off by saying that yes, I love my Lightning! It is an awesome truck to say that you own.

I am 16 years old and from Southern West Virginia. I know what your thinking... What in the world is someone doing gettin a 16 year old a Lightning?! That guys dad must be out of his mind!

But, I had to work really hard and save my money to achieve the goal of owning a Lightning! My dad made me a deal that I had to come up with atleast half of what the vehicle that I wanted costed, and he would pay the rest. So I had right around $4500 bucks and found a 1995 "L" with right around 95,000 miles on it. (They where mostly highway miles) Now he knew what the truck was capable of and everything so we sit down and had a long talk about it's power and everything like that. So he allowed me to get it!

I think that some young people are responsible enough to own these cars or trucks. They just have to listen to their vehicles and know when to let off! I dunno, maybe its because I have been brought up around sports cars. But I can pretty much sense when it is about to go wrong!

Great site guys, and great members! I hope to get to know everyone much better and you guys have a great day (or night!)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by WV351_Lightning
Hey guys, new to the board, but I am glad that I found this place!
Welcome and congratulations on your truck. I'm thrilled to see a responsible person at your age!

Later

Users who are viewing this thread