What is this?

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
So I was taking my morning piss and found this thing crawling around the wall above the toilet seat. Had time to snap a quick shot before heading off to work.

It looks pretty small in this pic but it was almost as big as my thumb. I wanted to smash the thing into oblivion since it looks like something that came straight out of a Jurassic Park movie. I heard there are household bugs that are harmless and keep other insects out the house... is this it?

:??:

ringo01

Established Member
Looks like a silverfish. That's what I've always called them anyways.

Should be harmless, but they've always creeped me out.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
It is without a doubt a silverfish. Stomp on it and it actually disenegrates like dust in front of you. I hate them.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
I would burn it to death.

flamethrower_straight.jpg

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
Wait so you're actually planning on going back to your house, with that thing still inside, rather than calling in an air strike?

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
Wait so you're actually planning on going back to your house, with that thing still inside, rather than calling in an air strike?

Got it taken care of :thumbsup:

The aftermath

The little bitch kept moving so goddamn fast it hid behind some corners and I couldnt reach it. So I took out my .22 cal. pellet gun that i use for practice and 1 shot took him out. At first I was gonna go the old route and use my right slipper but since I had bad experiences with flying spiders and roaches with wings that always seem to fly straight at my direction, i didn't take any chances. :shrug:

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Yea its def. a brown recluse. Where there's one there are hundreds. Burn the house and any surrounding shrubbery and start anew.

Users who are viewing this thread