What is this hose for?

waggs

icy.i see.eye sea.icee.
Established Member
I saw this hose on a new 5.0 and can't figure out what its for. It goes in the firewall in the upper right of the pic.
Untitled-1.png

Canada96mystic

Established Member
As far as i know that hose is for noise. Ever notice when you drive them nice its quiet in the cab but when you step on it you can really hear the motor/exhaust. I have heard that tube has something to do with pumping noise into the cab?

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
wow really, I was thinking maybe it pulls a little cool air from the cabin but wow noise factor huh? kinda ricer move there ford

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
I'd delete it. Looks like it could actually be a little more hurtful, since it probably kills the velocity of the air from the CAI

waggs

icy.i see.eye sea.icee.
Established Member
It's behind the maf also so that's why I was wondering if it was sucking air through it unmetered?

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
BMW did something similar when the Z4 came out. They designed what they called an air intake subwoofer in the airbox that made the engine sound more audible. Pretty lame.

skratpiece

Established Member
When I heard Ford introduce the new body style in 2010, they described ducting noise into the cabin. This has been going on since 2010. I was wondering what it looked like myself.

91GT

Established Member
The cars are so quiet and smooth people are saying how they don't feel as fast as they are.

The engine noise tube make a big difference in the seat of the pants meter for a car with stock exh/intake.

UncleAnt

Established Member
its a noise pipe like stated.vw does the exact same thing with their gti's and whatnot.its just makes you feel like you are actually driving a car when you step on the gas.you can delete it and nothing will happen

waggs

icy.i see.eye sea.icee.
Established Member
Do you honestly think Ford would design a motor and hook up a tube that draws in unmetered air?
Of course not, Ford is smarter then that. I just saw a hose that led to the cabin with a foam screen on the end so it made me wonder a little lol.

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
Of course not, Ford is smarter then that. I just saw a hose that led to the cabin with a foam screen on the end so it made me wonder a little lol.

Same here lol were stupid i guess

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
its a noise pipe like stated.vw does the exact same thing with their gti's and whatnot.its just makes you feel like you are actually driving a car when you step on the gas.you can delete it and nothing will happen

You're getting there buddy... keep up the hard work!:-D

Users who are viewing this thread