What is the WORST beatdown you have ever received (Long Read)

Bullitt520

Established Member
Sweet thread man. I was cruising in my what was once an N/A Volvo 850 (before that motor died and i did a turbo swap) my friends said they saw purple-ish headlights behind me so i slowed down to wait for them. As he got closer i saw Euro plates and since my car looks the same as it does now he must have knew it was modded. A Volvo c70 turbo pulls up next to me an we are at around 50 and he does nothing as i take off. I slow down to around 60 in 3rd and he signals me to just go. I do and after a second or two i hear a loud hiss coming from over my left shoulder. He quickly passes me and puts buses on me before i notice what happened. As he passed me i saw all types of euro tuning emblems on his rear end. It was only a few weeks after this my stock motor was done for and i swapped to a turbo and did my present mods. Either way i figured, he would still walk me by at least 5 cars.

mr2cam

Established Member
Good thread

The only two times ive been absolutely destroyed (at least on the street) were both by bikes. One was my friends TL1000R, we went from a dig, I got about a car or 2 on him and then he just flew past me like I was standing still. Heres the video of it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I51PPUCVH0"]YouTube - racing in ww[/ame]

Next bike that raped me was a GSXR 600, we raced 3 times, 2 from a dig and 1 from a 40 roll, first race from a dig I burnt my clutch up by slipping it too much, next race I jumped out a couple of cars, shifted to 2nd only to have my clutch slip just a little bit, but it wouldn't have mattered, we went flying past me just like the TL1000R did, only thing that surprised me was that by the time I hit 4th he stopped pulling on me, I guess those things aren't much for high speeds. Last race we went from a 40 roll, I brake boosted in 2nd, did 3 honks, was even for a second and then I missed 3rd gear. Video for those races are here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLdP2L03MRo"]YouTube - Saturday racing[/ame]

lilbuddy1587

Banned
My worst beat down consisted of the following:

My car: 01 m6 Catfish SS
Mods: Cam, full exhaust with true duals dumped, lid, tune and a clutch that was on its way out (spec 3 :cuss:)
Background: Car ran consistant low 12's @ 116-117mph and dynoed 412/371

vs

Buddies car: 00 WS6
Mods: 408 iron block, H/C, FAST 90/90, full suspension/12 bolt and....a GT-55turbo (91.5mm) on 12.5lbs of boost.
Background: Car never saw the track but put down 850rwhp/820rwtq on 12.5lbs of boost, on pump gas.

Now, in the video, you will notice me jump out hard (and hear the clutch slip :bored:) but thats because I had traction, he did not.

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/408-Turbo-TA-vs-r6-and-2_23436.htm"]http://videos.streetfire.net/video/408-Turbo-TA-vs-r6-and-2_23436.htm[/ame]

Here's the same WS6 (3 people in an already heavy beast) with the exhaust removed, better tires and boost upped to 15lbs making 893/906 (still on pump :D) vs an 06 SRT-10 Viper with mild mods (smooth tubes, gears and DRs)

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/408-turbo-ta-vs-06-srt10_95527.htm"]http://videos.streetfire.net/video/408-turbo-ta-vs-06-srt10_95527.htm[/ame]

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Back when I only had my learner's permit, my dad had a Dodge Daytona at the time (Not the turbo 2.5, just the N/A 2.2 I believe, and an auto trans). Well anyway, one day I was driving and he was in the passenger seat, and we were at a redlight next to a Celica of sorts that was the definition of rice. My dad was laughing at the car and looked at me and said see if you can take him, so I was looking at the light getting ready for the green. While I was doing that, my dad nudged the shifter into neutral. Needless to say, when the light turned green, I smashed the gas and went nowhere while revving the piss out of the car. My dad had a good laugh the rest of the ride home on that one, me - not so much.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Mine was at the track. In my GN I was running 12.20's then and was having a good time. I ended up getting lined up with a pro stock car. I tree'd him and at the 60ft mark he was past the 1/8th mile. It was brutal and like said above I though my car died because of the pull.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
last year i was on the highway and a silver porsche GT2 pulled up next to me and reved...i was like hell no!!!! a porsche driver wants to race a mustang???

so we slowed down to about 50ish and went into 2nd and he followed and off we went!!! my KB was happy i hung for about .4 seconds and then it started to get ugly really quick...the faster we went to worse it got for me lol

i wish i could have talked to him after.

The other time was by a civic hatch yes a civic hatch, i thought my car was in reverse than he proceded to whip my buddies 2.2KB 04 Cobra in similar fashion...all we know is that car was a nasty nasty little bitch and it looked at sounded fairly stock

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Mine was back in '98 when I had my '92 5.0 LX Hatch with an AOD. I had just had my new catback installed and had done a tune up on my car so I was out messing around thinking I was hot shit. I pull up to a red light next to a 1st gen Talon TSI. Now I had no clue what these were, the only experience I had ever had with a DSM at that time was my buddies N/A Plymouth Laser. He kept revving on me so I threw a rev back. My buddy that was riding with me says "Dude, when the light turns just punch it" So I keep hearing him bounce off the rev limiter and he keeps glancing over so I know he wants to go, so as soon as the light turns green I punch it, chirp the tires and pull out to about 2 car lengths on him and he finally decides to go and launches the piss out of that Talon, I swear he had me in a tractor beam. lol Blew by me and proceeded to put many, many lengths on me. My buddy and I were shocked and ever since that day I have had alot of respect for those DSM's. The ironic part of the story is a couple miles up the road when I actually passed the same guy pulling over to the side of the road, pounding his steering wheel with smoke billowing out of the car. lol Once again, typical DSM. :D

Last edited:

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
A good friend of mine (cobraSVT43 on here) had a 97 cobra back in the day. he and I were cruising the local car spots 4-5 years ago on a friday night. he didn't really race anyone because cops were always around. anyway we see this murdered out Volvo coming up behind us. Now we were 17-18 at the time and were just learning about lsx's/mustangs and didn't know a damn thing about volvo's. Turns out in was an s4 with a lot of work done. He ran him from a dig to about 70 and it wasn't close once the volvo started making serious boost.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I ran a turbocharged M3 in my Cobra. Besides running on street tires, I was basically blown away by the time I finally got into third. Very embarassing.

burnzilla

Established Member
long time ago I had a 99 v6 stang 5spd that ran mid 14s in the 90mph range.
My buddy has the same car only a 2000 and the best he can muster are low 15's, and he can drive. That thing is dog slow.
You must have yours modified well. Cheers to a sleeper.

turns out this was the new at the time 405hp z06..(be in mind id break even with stock lt1s at the strip)..

My LT1 ran high 13's, low 14's my best being a 13.89 @ 99 with just a K&N Filter, Mobil 1 and new Goodyear GTII's 245/50's, when i first got it.

Last edited:

lwrs10

Chapstick!
Established Member
I have 2...

in 1999, I just graduated HS, and was driving a 1979 Camaro with a 383. Solid Mid 12 sec car. I was on the way to the local track (Thunder Valley in Noble, OK), when I pull up to a light and a stock looking Civic Hatch pulls up next to me and ask me if I want to race. I almost DIED laughing when I saw the slicks on the back of the car instead of the front. I told him sure.....if he wants to lose really bad. so he says ok, hold on, turns off the stock motor, and turns around and reached for something in the back hatch. then it sounds like he just started a big block in the back of the car. Seriously.

So we go from the light, and the guy pulls 10-15 cars on me immediatly. WTF was all I could say. I get him to pull over at a gas station, and he showed me why he beat me. It was a Civic hatch, stock motor in the front, 502 in the back. Cruise around on the stock motor getting 30MPG, and when he felt like racing he fired up the 502 in the hatch.

It was quite possibly the coolest car I have ever seen. The crank pulley almost touched his driver seat, and had some crazy diff in it in the back. BTW he was running low 10's at the track...

Second one was recent....about May of this year. I was driving home from the Sac raceway after running my car (high 10's), when a silver Z06 catches me on the highway. He motions for me to go, so I do. Then he blows by me like I was sitting still. imagine, 2nd gear 4k is where I started, and my car has a KB on it. His wife just pointed and laughed as they flew by me. Never found out what that car had done to it.....but it had to of been a 9 sec car....

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
last year i was on the highway and a silver porsche GT2 pulled up next to me and reved...i was like hell no!!!! a porsche driver wants to race a mustang???

so we slowed down to about 50ish and went into 2nd and he followed and off we went!!! my KB was happy i hung for about .4 seconds and then it started to get ugly really quick...the faster we went to worse it got for me lol

i wish i could have talked to him after.

The other time was by a civic hatch yes a civic hatch, i thought my car was in reverse than he proceded to whip my buddies 2.2KB 04 Cobra in similar fashion...all we know is that car was a nasty nasty little bitch and it looked at sounded fairly stock

Do you think it was stock? If it was a 996 GT2 I think they have around 450h. If your car was as fast then as it is now in your sig I think he was modded pretty well. No shame in losing to a GT2 :beer:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Do you think it was stock? If it was a 996 GT2 I think they have around 450h. If your car was as fast then as it is now in your sig I think he was modded pretty well. No shame in losing to a GT2 :beer:

no i don't think it was stock...that sumbitch put buslengths on me in no time at all!

my car was in it's current form against the GT2 and the Civic lol

Lowrie

Established Member
This one is more due to my own idiocy than anything else, but a loss is a loss so here goes.

About three and a half years ago I had an 04 SRT-4. It was completely stock and I had just come back from a work trip and was out cruising. As I'm rolling through an intersection I see a black, crappy looking 5.0. I don't pay it any attention and keep on my way. Well, about ten miles up the road he catches up and I know he wants to run because he's coming up very fast. He slows up and gets right next to me. I'm already to go when he shows up, I'm in 3rd at about 60-65. Nobody honked so after about 2 seconds I took off and left him about 2 car lengths behind until I noticed he didn't hit it correctly or at all.

This is where my mistake happens. I slow up, as does he. We're slowing a good amount until we're around 45 or so and suddenly he punches it. Well, I hit it, too, but the problem is my dumbass is still in 3rd :nonono: so he easily puts a length on me. I finally get high enough for some boost, but he 's already about a length and a half before I stop his pull. We shut it down before I can start pulling on him because we're start nearing a high traffic area.

It wasn't an enormous beatdown, but I consider it one because it was completely my fault. I'm sure I would have torn him a new one if I'd been in second gear. Despite how the you all the thought the story was going to go, it wasn't a sleeper. It was a crappy old beater that just happened to have a little speed on it.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I raced a regular cab Ram SRT10 back when I still had my 4-banger Sonoma. :-D

Hey, we both had 2 doors, a bed, and manual transmissions, so I figured why not.....lol. I revved up my 18 second beast and took off when the light turned green, giving it everything I had. The SRT10 driver must have pushed the throttle down maybe 1/3 of the way and passed me like I was any other car just keeping up with traffic. :(

sTupidsTang

Established Member
well my first one was in my buddys 1995 mustang gt. this was a few years ago but i had to drive back home while he stayed where we were partying that night. anyway i had to put some gas in the stang then proceded to pull out onto the road. while in the gas station i saw what i now know was a 6.0 gto anyway not knowing really what it was and having the gt that was ungodly loud thanks to the slp loudmouth and o/r h pipe the gto wanted to have a go. i bumped it into neutral (yes the car was automatic) and gave it a rev. the gto down shifted and i proceded to put it into gear. i honked it off and we both put the hammer down problem was i didn't seem to go anywhere while that gto took off like a bat out of hell it was really terrible. i caught up with him a few lights later he waved and was cool about it. This was all when my buddy and i first got into mustangs and we thought the car was fast. we found out that night that we were very wrong.

this next one happened not to long ago i can't remember when exactly. well the same friend that owned the 95 gt above had since sold the car, i had picked up an 03 gt and put very minor bolt ons on the car, and my friend had bought a 94 cobra. well he picked up the cobra wrecked and so we had just finished getting it all put together and everything. so we decided to take it out knowing that import car and truck bash were in town we figured there would be more ricers out and such than normal. Well he was in his cobra and i was in my gt and we had done a few various highway pulls when i noticed a daewoo watching us and catching us after the races. well we decided to go at it one more time and then daewoo lined up with us in the far lane. well my buddy honked and on the third honk we all nailed it i pulled on my buddy a bit then i noticed the daewoo flying by me i finally shut down around 120 and couldn't even see the taillights of the daewoo. needless to say we were both very impressed by this daewoo but i never could find him. this was at the very start of the night i was hoping to find this guy to see what it was that he had done. never did though but that is the last time i laugh a junk looking car with a fart can

Users who are viewing this thread