What is the WORST beatdown you have ever received (Long Read)

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
I thought it would be fun to have everyone post their WORST loss ever. I remember mine and it was embarrassing!!! I'm sure you guys are familiar with how you get to know the "fast cars" in your neighborhood. This was the last race I had in my 1999 black sports appearance package Z28. I had just technically traded the car into a Chevy dealership and was picking up my 2000 FRC Corvette the next day.

My car was a 99 LS1, with lid, longtubes and slp loudmouth, 373 gears and a 3200 stall. My best run at the track with the car was a 12.7 @ 111. Now I know that may not be a rocket to you guys NOW but in 2000 having a high 12 second car was pretty respectable and I certainly did not lose a lot of races in my Camaro. Remember, this was BEFORE the days of the Terminators, C5 Z06, C6 Z06, GT500, FORD GT'S, none of these cars even existed yet!!!

The neighborhood group of cars consisted of the following. A 1997 LT1 Camaro Z28, 1999 Lexus IS300, 1999 WS6 trans am, 1995 Mustang GT, 1999 Cobra, and a 2000 Supercharged Saleen S281. Now THAT Saleen was the car I wanted to beatdown and get a kill over. As far as I knew, this was the guy that they all looked up to and sweated his car. I thought that this guy knew his car was not as fast and he made it out to be and therefore he picked and chose his races very carefully so he would not expose his car.

Onto the night of the race. My little brother had a 1996 Mustang GT with bolt ons and even he worshiped that Saleen. I told him come on lets go over to the spot and see if we can get this guy to race. I was turning the car into the stealership the next day to have them send it to the auctions so I figured I might as well get one last run before picking up the my first Corvette. We jumped in the Camaro and headed over to their hangout spot (Dunkin Donuts LOL) and there they were; all just parked and hanging out. I have to admit I was pretty confident in my car but I was not cocky and I don't think I ever really come off like an ass (at least I try not to) We said what's up and asked the Saleen kid if he wanted to run the Z28 for fun. The kid was saying that it was not his car and he couldn't race it. Obviously he was full of crap because his friends were laughing :lol: I laughed and said dude we live in the same town I know it's your car, if you don't wanna run just say so. He said that he had just gotten a ticket and he knows my car is fast and LOUD and he was scared we would cause to much attention. I could understand that and told him no prob, shook the kids hand and complimented his ride. I had already beaten all the other cars at some point and time in his crew except the Lexus IS300 who I could care less about and didn't consider that a challenge.

While leaving the owner of the Lexus said he would like to run for fun :coolman: I said yea, No prob lets do it!! Now me and my brother get back into my car and we are wondering why the hell this kid would want to get owned for fun :shrug: Anyway, my bro goes one last kill for the Z28 before it's gone forever. So we jump on the highway and PERFECTLY both hit the red light together. We chatted for a second and I asked him if he was stock, his answer, "you'll find out shortly" :dw: Light goes green and I LAUNCH it perfectly and jumped out on this car!! To 60mph I had him by about two cars but in my head I am thinking I should be beating him worse than this???? Then I am looking in my rearview as this race continues and this thing is starting to gain ground :??: WTFF!! I don't think my brother even realized this because we had to eventually shut it down around 100mph because we were running out of ground. This thing was starting to pull me HARD and I was in UTTER SHOCK. Totally humbled, I won BUT no doubt he would have taken me if we had more room. The kid pulls up next to me and goes you know I was catching you right?? I said yea :cryying: good race and he goes wanna go from a roll?? F%@CKKKKKKK :cuss: I knew I was toast now and in front of my little brother too. He didn't even see the Lexus yanking on us. I think he thought it was so far back that we blew it away. He says damn this guy wants more punishment?? In my head I am thinking it is me that is about to be "punished" We went from a 55mph roll and this Lexus bitch smacked me by at least 6 cars to 140mph. My brother was in total shock and it was quite a funny and humbling experience.

We pulled over and I talked to the kid who told me it was a twin turbo Lexus IS300 and he had around 500rwhp. Kid was cool and the car was badass and gave me a whole new respect for imports. First time I had ever lost to one and wow did that night surprise me. I got :burn:

Last edited:

cobra_matt

Established Member
I had a 1988 T-Bird SC as my first car and knew it wasn't fast, but it was fun when I was a 16 year old kid. I never raced it or anything, but one time I was at a stop light next to a 2001 Bullit and it was clear to me it wasn't stock. I revved on him just so I can see that car move out and the guy looked over at me and was cool about it. We both gave the nod and punched it as the light turned green. I thought I was going backwards from the way he pulled on me. This guy was a couple of 747s away from me by the time I was at 50 and ever since then, I was hooked on Mustangs :banana:

fastbacon

Banned
long time ago I had a 99 v6 stang 5spd that ran mid 14s in the 90mph range......i came across a silver hardtop corvette....i figured it was probably and auto so i would just get walked.......i just want to see by how much.....

turns out this was the new at the time 405hp z06:nonono:....lmao i was in it as hard as i could be to the point i would break the gas petal on a regular basis....(be in mind id break even with stock lt1s at the strip)...

that z06 pulled on me soo friggn hard:eek:....if I could honestly measure it....id say by the end of my 4th starting in 3rd he looked like he pulled 5-8 bus legths.....i couldnt see him anymore until the next town lmao.....it was bad.

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
long time ago I had a 99 v6 stang 5spd that ran mid 14s in the 90mph range......i came across a silver hardtop corvette....i figured it was probably and auto so i would just get walked.......i just want to see by how much.....

turns out this was the new at the time 405hp z06:nonono:....lmao i was in it as hard as i could be to the point i would break the gas petal on a regular basis....(be in mind id break even with stock lt1s at the strip)...

that z06 pulled on me soo friggn hard:eek:....if I could honestly measure it....id say by the end of my 4th starting in 3rd he looked like he pulled 5-8 bus legths.....i couldnt see him anymore until the next town lmao.....it was bad.

LOL that's awesome. Judging by your sig now you probably wouldn't have that problem anymore. :beer:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i got told that i was racing a "stock" STI, then I thought bs when I noticed exhaust and a boost controller on the dash so I thought, the hell with it and ran him. Needless to say when the boost kicked in, I checked to see if my car was still running :(

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
mine was when my L was stock...a bunch of guys went out cruisin, there were a few turbo civics that supposed to run 10-11's.... so i knew i didnt stand a chance.

we were comming up to a light, i was a little farther back and approaching the light faster than him..he was comming to a stop almost when the light changed and i punched it and was buslengths on him then all of a sudden this friggen thing came screaming past me like i wasent even moving....needless to say it put me in my place real quick.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
My 1st car was a 1988 Nissan 300ZX Non Turbo Automatic. About 170hp fat pig. I came across a Syclone at a red light and had absolutely no knowledge about the truck. I figured what the hell I will race this truck, it's only a truck. Well by the time I was at 20mph I swear he was at 100mph. I had a hard time even seeing his taillights.

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
My 1st car was a 1988 Nissan 300ZX Non Turbo Automatic. About 170hp fat pig. I came across a Syclone at a red light and had absolutely no knowledge about the truck. I figured what the hell I will race this truck, it's only a truck. Well by the time I was at 20mph I swear he was at 100mph. I had a hard time even seeing his taillights.

Wow Syclone, you don't hear about those to often. Yes they can be made VERY quick.

05 amg

Established Member
Was in my 93 gt I raced a twin turbo 911 I thought I was in reverse...I went back to the shop and ordered a supercharger

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Several years ago I was in my 89 5.0 LX coupe. It was my DD at the time and was a solid low to mid 13 second car. I was going down the highway with my cruise control set on 60 MPH. I see in my rear view mirror three turbo Mazda RX7's coming up on me in the fast lane.

All 3 passed me and they had out of state tags (NC). I figured they had been to a show or track meet somewhere :shrug:

I decided I would have a little fun so I speed up and catch up with the last one in line and throw him a rev. The guy tells me to go 'jump' on the car in front, so I told him OK and he gave me a big grin. :dw:

I speed up a little more to catch up with the guy in front. He has his gf/wife with him and I see the boost gauge on the A-pillar and the thing has really large exhaust. I figure this may be a pretty serious RX7. :eek:

I give the guy a rev and he looks over at me and gives me the signal to go. I down shift to 3rd and nail it. I instantly pull 1-2 cars on him and I am thinking this thing might not be as fast as I thought. A couple of seconds later I hear this sound like a jet plane and this guy blows by me like I cut my car off. :dw::dw:

I shift into 4th gear and take the car to around 110 MPH before I let off. This guy must have been 10-15 cars in front of me.

We both slowed down and he and his girl gave me a big smile/laugh. I told him his car was awesome and he said his car had ALOT of work done to it. They were cool folks and the other two RX7's gave me a :thumbsup: as they went on about their way.

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Last summer, on my lunch break, I was heading down the interstate towards the base when this plain looking black C5 revs at me while I'm in the exit lane. I jumped back on the highway and paced him on the inside fast lane until he told me to "just go". First red flag. Anyway, I downshifted to third (mostly stock '03 cobra) and punched it. The car hooked nicely and took off from the vette, and for about 1.5 seconds i thought i was doing good. Then I hear the gates of hell open up right next to me, and the vette comes screaming by with his kid smiling (or smirking?) at me from the passenger seat. I thought his turbo(s) were going to suck away my soul.

ALFONSO318

Established Member
So this isnt exactly a kill but i figured it counted for something...several years ago a buddy and i were cruisin around in a stock 95 Nissan 300 zx Twin Turbo and we came across what looked like a 67 Camaro that had obviously had some stuff done to it because of its rumble... we were on a side street with lots of lights and just to give him a lil incentive i shot past him a car or two...unfortunately a car got between myself and the light...i was hoping we would meet him at a light but it never happened...as we started approaching the exit/entrance ramp to the freeway some dumb A$$ in a trashy duel exhaust pick up comes blowin by both of us and cuts me and the Camaro driver off...apparently the Camaro guy had had enough and down shifted hard at 45 mph and punched it...i swear the front of his car jumped about 4 ft in the air and chirped the tires, it dropped back down only for the shift into third and the same thing happened again...my friend and i looked at each other and just laughed cause would have been toast...i still wish i could have raced him though :)

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
I met a Supra at the "85+races" down our local Interstate.. He was beating SC Vipers/Turbo Cobras etc so I thought I would give him a real test :mj::mj::mj::mj::mj::mj::mj::mj:

You can guess what happened next.:rolling:

Edit: That feeling like I wasn't pressing the gas is a hint..

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I actually have 2 that fall into that category.

1st- my Mach (untuned at the time) vs 20XX VW Golf (337). Guy kept on egging me on I didn't really feel like "wasting" my gas. But finally after a few revs and him speeding up and slowing down we went from a 20ish roll. Me in 2nd. I put 4 cars on him from the jump....bottom of 3rd he's at my rear fender- bottom of 4th his front fender is at my door- I shift to 5th @ 12X and he puts 4 cars on me up top. I had a 02 1.8t Golf so I figured it would be an easy kill. Had no clue what a 337 was- apparently he was running a HUGE turbo with 25+ lbs of boost. Completely unexpected. Would have had him in the qtr but he killed me on the street- oh well, win some- lose some.:thumbsup:

2nd- the same 02 SS I put BUSLENGTHS on in my 03 Cobra wanted to race me in my Mach. My Cobra had 475 RWHP my Mach right 300- he is sitting 370ish. We went from a 45 punch I was in third (prolly should have been in 2nd but I don't think it would have made much difference). He RAPED me bad- even my 4.10's didn't make it close. By the top of 4th he was 6-8 up on me. Totally expected....props to a nice bowtie.:rockon:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
This didnt happen to me, but I did witness it first hand.

Circa August 2004:
I was 18 and hanging out with some friends in the parking lot of our local mall hangout. There were some OK cars present-my 2002 lightly modded L, a few 99-04 GT's with bolt ons, a stock SRT4, and a brand new(at the time)350Z. We were all taking and BS'ing when this pretty ragged looking 240SX pulls into a space a couple rows from us(It was about 1am so no other cars around).

It was a black car with black wheels and very dark windows. Paint was shotty and it had some dings and scratches all over. Overall it was fast approaching POS status appearance wise. After sitting over there for about 10 mins. he pulls up to us. The windows roll down and the first thing we see is a the driver IS ON THE WRONG SIDE.

The passenger(in what SHOULD be the drivers seat) asks if anyone wants to play. We all kind of shake our heads knowing that all isnt what it seems when suddenly we hear a roar in the distance. The local "terror" to all us Ford guys back then was speeding through the lot towards the exit. A 2000 Camaro Z28 M6 car with bolt ons making right around 340rwhp. The driver of the "240" immediately gives chase. They line up on the 4lane road that runs parralell with the mall and slow down to about 30mph. On the 3rd honk they go. The LS1 holds his own through 2nd and then as soon as they shift the 240 starts to pull. By the time they shut down over 100mph the LS1 was down ATLEAST a full buslength.

Considering that same Z28 could pretty much rape all of our cars we were stunned. Turned out that the 240 had a Skyline engine swap running some crazy boost making well over 500hp. That was the first time any of us had seen one of those things and I will never forget it.

CobraKid04

Established Member
Rx7 with an ls1 and turbo pushin 530rwhp. I didn't know he had this at the time. He beat me so bad I didn't think my car was running correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread