What is the stickiest street treaded tire out there

Boosted0range

Established Member
Im looking to replace the tires on my 04. My car is currently at 480hp and 460 tq, and if i romp on it..it just blows the tires off in first, second and then will catch at either the end of second or third...needless to say it pretty much sucks, but we've all been there. Anyway, Im looking to buy two new tires for the rear, on the stock 17x9's, as i dont have the cash to buy a whole new set of afs 18/10.5's.....So...the question is

What is the stickiest tire i can buy for the back of my car. Must be street legal, and im not looking for the tires that are slicks, with a line down the middle to make them DOT approved, as i do drive the car around a good bit...Im not worried about the wear on them, and they dont have to be wet weather approved, but like i said i do drive the car, so if i get caught in a rain storm, i dont wanna crash and die on the way home with next to nothing tread....

Hoping you get the drift of what im after...The only experiece i've ever had with decent tires was with nitto 555's ...and i Liked them..but im looking for something to cure the killer wheel spin, Obviously 1st gear is a given, but anytime i race anyone on the street, if i lose, its because of the spinning in 1st and 2nd.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and btw my car has GoodYear Eagle F1's the whole way around now.

Boosted0range

Established Member
It was my DD until i bought my cummins...now that is my DD and the car comes out on sunny days, and friday/sat nights to cruise the local car strip....And the occasional test and tune at the dragstrip.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
My BFG KDW's held just fine at 425HP, but at your HP, I think you need a DR. Especially if its a sunny day only car. :beer:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Nitto Invo's did a very admiral job at keeping my 600rwhp hooked up through 2nd. They are sticky like drag radials, good traction in the wet. Handling these things stayed stuck like glue. They have a tread wear rating of 260. Good all around tire if you dont want a drag radial. Price is very good as well.

Boosted0range

Established Member
alright, this may be a stupid question..but im only asking because i really dont know, A: is there a Drag Radial that not only is sticky as shit for going in a straight line, but also handles well...and if so...what Drag radial would you recommend for this...and i am truly leaning more towards a sunny fair weather car only.

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
Nitto Invo's did a very admiral job at keeping my 600rwhp hooked up through 2nd. They are sticky like drag radials, good traction in the wet. Handling these things stayed stuck like glue. They have a tread wear rating of 260. Good all around tire if you dont want a drag radial. Price is very good as well.

Nitto Invos? I hadn't thought about those. I need some good, sticky tires, preferably not DRs, but if I have to go the drag radial route, then I will. I just don't wanna get in a situation with water and or sand/dirt on the road.....sorry, didn't mean to hijack.

jt239

Established Member
I ran BFG DR's on my stock rim last summer. They were pretty sticky when heated up. I ran them on the street and they handled nice...didnt have any issues. I got caught in the rain once a few miles from home and they were fine.
If you want a really sticky tire and you dont drive in the rain, imo get Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
I was under the impression that DR's were out of the option.

My BFG DR's hook in 2nd just fine at 500 horsies. :rockon:

Jroc

Established Member
I have heard that Michilen Pilot PS2's hook up pretty good for a street radial, but for their asking price they should.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Nitto Invos are really good. They're by far the most comfortable and quietest tires i ever had. If you want straight line and cornering traction, you can try the Falken Azenis or even the new Nitto NT05. They're suppose to be auto-x tires. If you want even stickier you can go with Toyo Proxes R888.
1819_Toyo_Proxes_R888.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread