What is the rate of temp increase

wckdvnm

Established Member
So this is a question of had for a while but can’t find the answer for the life of me.

Under a WOT condition what is the rate of temperature increase in the engine coolant?
List your mods that you have for either cooling, blower, fuel, etc. that would be pertinent to the temp increase.

Soap

Established Member
My engine temps do not increase at all during an entire 1/4mi run.....maybe 2* if at all. I have lots of datalogs showing little to no increase in ECT while WOT. Only cooling mods are a lower temp thermostat.

--Joe

wckdvnm

Established Member
My engine temps do not increase at all during an entire 1/4mi run.....maybe 2* if at all. I have lots of datalogs showing little to no increase in ECT while WOT. Only cooling mods are a lower temp thermostat.

--Joe

Interesting, mine goes up about 4*-6* but will come back down after I’m off the throttle. I have seen temps drop a few degrees then rise but none have done like mine do.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Generally ECT will barely move during the WOT pull but will jump a few degrees right after you let off. Just a delay in heat transfer and circulation etc.
However a lot of it depends on ambient temps and how heat soaked your car is too. In mid summer I've pushed my coolant temps over 30+ F higher riding it hard. Eventually having to lay off and let it cool.
In cooler months it'll plateau at a lower temp and let you keep beating on it.

Users who are viewing this thread