what is the best upgrade of a 06 GT

meangrn94ta

Established Member
my buddy just bought an 06 GT 5 speed and was wanting to turn it up alittle. what would be the best first and second upgrade. i would think CAI and a tune but i'm a chevy and i know the mustangs love bolts, so figured i would ask before i told him what to buy. thanks for any help

Gixx1300R

Established Member
That's correct. A CAI and a Tune should be first followed by--
4.10 gears
Delete Plates
Long Tube Headers
MagnaFlow Mufflers
Electric Water Pump
62mm Twin Blade Throttle Body
Underdrive Pulleys
Aluminum Drive Shaft

Nick85

Banned
That list looks good except the delete plates look a little high up there...i've heard they have minimal gains...

Gixx1300R

Established Member
Nick85 said:
That list looks good except the delete plates look a little high up there...i've heard they have minimal gains...

That is true. Gains are minimal with Delete plates but you can remove the stock ones and have the holes Welded for little cost. I paid $20.00 to have mine done.
Plate1.gif

DeletePlate2.gif

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
Gixx1300R said:
That's correct. A CAI and a Tune should be first followed by--
4.10 gears
Delete Plates
Long Tube Headers
MagnaFlow Mufflers
Electric Water Pump
62mm Twin Blade Throttle Body
Underdrive Pulleys
Aluminum Drive Shaft

The mufflers have little effect on power but they sound really good, I personnally like my SLP Loudmouths.

The verdict is still out on the throttle bodies as to whether they actually help make power or not.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
If you just did the cai/sct 2 and gears, your car would feel like a totally different animal!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
from what I have heard from people the TB is a waste of money unless you plan on a power adder.

Dynojoe

Blown Income
Established Member
Red Turtle said:
from what I have heard from people the TB is a waste of money unless you plan on a power adder.

we have tested BBK's and Musclemotors, Motoblues and not one shoed a gain in HP or Torque even on S/C applications. These are the biggest waste of money by far. WE have a stock 06 gt running 12.43's @108 with just a CAI, Tune and 4.10 gears on sticky tires.
The exhaust helped out more with torque than anything else but does sound good, Longtubes are offering about 5-9 RWHP and 12-15 RWTQ, but for the cost, Not worth it in my judgement.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
SoftBatch said:
Did you read every post in that thread??
Such as these

"update: i've driven about 150miles now since the TB and no engine error codes. if i take it out of gear, rpms remain the same for 4seconds then drop back down to ~1000."

"one addl. note:
the rpms seem to fall faster now that i have been drivin it a couple days, they stay up high for ~2sec when i take it out of gear now"

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Dynojoe said:
we have tested BBK's and Musclemotors, Motoblues and not one shoed a gain in HP or Torque even on S/C applications. These are the biggest waste of money by far. WE have a stock 06 gt running 12.43's @108 with just a CAI, Tune and 4.10 gears on sticky tires.
The exhaust helped out more with torque than anything else but does sound good, Longtubes are offering about 5-9 RWHP and 12-15 RWTQ, but for the cost, Not worth it in my judgement.

stock???? how is that car stock???? :poke:

Mark@LFP

Banned
Stock spring is transferred from stock throttle body. Throttle response is due to improved gearing and bearings in our LFP twin 62mm.
All of our testing was done by private motorsport shops. All with variable increases in both hp & torq.
Mustang Magic............................10+
Strickly Performance.......................9+
Hennesy Motorsports.......................12+
Custom Performance Tuning............3 Dynoes on a stock GT. Average over all +12
Speed Dreams...............................8+
Some of our local customers have commented for throttle response alone they would have still purchased our T/B.

shiz302

TOML
Established Member
Hey thanks for setting me straight, maybe other tb's have had different springs? Oh well. Good to hear about a product that actually works!

Users who are viewing this thread