What is the best concert you’ve ever been to?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Metallica World Wired tour last year here in Orlando.

Second best was probably a short lived band called Dark New Day

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
The CARS at the old boston garden, heartbreak city tour.

They broke up after the tour. I had floor seats row 10 from the stage.

The loader concert I ever went to was Deep Purple at the Worcester centrum in the mid 80’s.
My ears rang for a week after that night.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I would have to say the best entertainer I’ve seen was Garth Brooks. I’ve been to more concerts than I can remember. Some honorable mentions: Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, and AC/DC. As a side note, AC/DC was the freaking loudest concert I’ve been to

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Have been to so many can't count but tops was The Who Quadrophenia tour in 1974 when Keith Moon was alive. A close second was Deep Purple in 1975. My first was Grand Funk Railroad in 1969. I am old....lol.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Have been to so many can't count but tops was The Who Quadrophenia tour in 1974 when Keith Moon was alive. A close second was Deep Purple in 1975. My first was Grand Funk Railroad in 1969. I am old....lol.
Not that old, old man. I saw Grand Funk in 1970-71 myself. I sure would have loved to have seen The Who live. I still listen to their music regularly.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Not that old, old man. I saw Grand Funk in 1970-71 myself. I sure would have loved to have seen The Who live. I still listen to their music regularly.

Lol....Grank Funk was excellent. Seen them at MSG in NY. Not too old I am still going and have tickets to see Jethro Tull in Sept. before he dies...lol. Seen them twice before and love Tull.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Lol....Grank Funk was excellent. Seen them at MSG in NY. Not too old I am still going and have tickets to see Jethro Tull in Sept. before he dies...lol. Seen them twice before and love Tull.
Good on you! I'm losing my hearing a different way (firearms matches). I used to play Aqualung on 8 track in a '63 Rambler 440.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Good on you! I'm losing my hearing a different way (firearms matches). I used to play Aqualung on 8 track in a '63 Rambler 440.

Lol....I still have 8 tracks from the 60's/70's and cassettes from later on for Nostalgia purposes.

Sitting on a park bench
Eying little girls with bad intent
Snots running down his nose
Greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes, hey, Aqualung

Love it.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Best ever for me was Summer 2014. I was living in San Diego at the time. NIN and Soundgarden were co-headlining a tour and I was lucky enough to get tickets for myself and my friend! Our show in San Diego was the last show of the tour.

My dad found out about it and (he was 60 that year) asked me "Well what the hell, does it look like Im dead yet?" lmao

Ok so me, my friend and my dad were set to go to the show. Then my sister (very close friend) found out and was like well shit, my kid may never get a chance to see these bands tour again.

Ok so me, my friend, my dad, my sis and her kid were on our way to the show. We all had lawn tickets at the Sleeptrain Amphitheater. We get there and are upgraded to seats! Back row section, but it had an incredible view of the stage.

Soundgarden comes on and plays just a killer set. Whole crowd is into it, everyone is having a great time! My sis' best friend and her family show up in the middle of the show... jebus!

Ok so me, my friend, my dad, my sis, her kid, her best friend, bf's kids and her b/fs husband are at the Soundgarden/NIN show. Goddamn, what the hell happened? haha

Short intermission after Soundgarden. And holy shit balls here comes Trent Reznor! Walks across the stage with a PURPOSE. Starts manually triggering the first song on his sound pad. By the time everything's going all us NIN fans recognize it as "Copy of A". Right before the chorus of the song, the house lights go out and we in attendance are treated to the most AMAZING light and visual show I, personally, have ever been witness too.

Absolutely unreal! Incredibly clear and error free performance. My first time seeing NIN and while I was a fan before, Reznor quickly has become one of my top 5 favorite artists.

An amazing night with my dad and sis that Ill never ever forget!

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Best ever for me was Summer 2014. I was living in San Diego at the time. NIN and Soundgarden were co-headlining a tour and I was lucky enough to get tickets for myself and my friend! Our show in San Diego was the last show of the tour.

My dad found out about it and (he was 60 that year) asked me "Well what the hell, does it look like Im dead yet?" lmao

Ok so me, my friend and my dad were set to go to the show. Then my sister (very close friend) found out and was like well shit, my kid may never get a chance to see these bands tour again.

Ok so me, my friend, my dad, my sis and her kid were on our way to the show. We all had lawn tickets at the Sleeptrain Amphitheater. We get there and are upgraded to seats! Back row section, but it had an incredible view of the stage.

Soundgarden comes on and plays just a killer set. Whole crowd is into it, everyone is having a great time! My sis' best friend and her family show up in the middle of the show... jebus!

Ok so me, my friend, my dad, my sis, her kid, her best friend, bf's kids and her b/fs husband are at the Soundgarden/NIN show. Goddamn, what the hell happened? haha

Short intermission after Soundgarden. And holy shit balls here comes Trent Reznor! Walks across the stage with a PURPOSE. Starts manually triggering the first song on his sound pad. By the time everything's going all us NIN fans recognize it as "Copy of A". Right before the chorus of the song, the house lights go out and we in attendance are treated to the most AMAZING light and visual show I, personally, have ever been witness too.

Absolutely unreal! Incredibly clear and error free performance. My first time seeing NIN and while I was a fan before, Reznor quickly has being my top 5 favorite artists.

An amazing night with my dad and sis that Ill never ever forget!
I think NIN really was Trent Reznor. The road band was just, the road band.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I been to literally 100's of metal shows, popular hard rock in the 80's and 90's etc... BUT my Top would have to be Bauhaus on their Gotham City reunion tour in 1999 St. Pete Florida.
Daniel, David J and Kevin are Amazing players AND you have Peter Murphy as the enigmatic frontman.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Oh yeah, thats how it WAS up until I think last year. He welcomed longtime collaborator Atticus Ross as an official creative member within Nine In Nails.

Users who are viewing this thread