What is the best clutch cable parts? i got problems

1998BAB

Established Member
Right now the car has old style steeda firewall adjuster with cable and quadrant. It gets out of adjustment after 10 miles of driving. It has no locking nut on adjuster. Right now the cable is adjusted so the clutch pedal vibrates all the time when idleing or driving, anoying. The cable is all bent up towards the hood and the outside casing is now cracked.

What set up would be best so the pedal doesn't chatter like hell. Stays adjusted for longer than 10miles of driving. Would a stock set up be better. I'm sick of this after market stuff. I have no idea how all this stuff works that might be the problem. The local shop installed everything for me.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
Right now the car has old style steeda firewall adjuster with cable and quadrant. It gets out of adjustment after 10 miles of driving. It has no locking nut on adjuster. Right now the cable is adjusted so the clutch pedal vibrates all the time when idleing or driving, anoying. The cable is all bent up towards the hood and the outside casing is now cracked.

What set up would be best so the pedal doesn't chatter like hell. Stays adjusted for longer than 10miles of driving. Would a stock set up be better. I'm sick of this after market stuff. I have no idea how all this stuff works that might be the problem. The local shop installed everything for me.

I heard Maximum Motorsports makes some good pieces.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
mine chatters too, but i figured it need to be adjusted and i havent had the time, make sure the cable is correctly routed otherwise they ahve a tendancy to jump out of the adjuster etc,

Helomech74

Established Member
I use the Fiore adjuster and Steeda quick release quadrant. I use these with a stock cable, and it works great.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
If you have the steeda firewall adjuster and quadrant, ditch the steeda POS cable (I have it on my car right now, trust me)

(Copied from the other thread)
Found this information useful since alot of vendors misrepresent the part #'s and correct years, also found the actual install guide:

Ford Racing Adjustable Clutch Cable Install:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/downl...-7553-B302.pdf

M-7553-B302 Cable and Quadrant 1982-95
M-7553-C302 Service Cable 1982-95
M-7553-D302 Cable and Quadrant 1996-04
M-7553-E302 Service Cable 1996-04

The LAST part # is the # you need for the adjustable cable for 96-98. It took me FOREVER to find it since I'm switching out the Steeda one.
The second to last is the actual "kit" that includes the ford quadrant.

Get the adjustable cable (bolded) and use the steeda parts. It should work perfectly fine and much better. I've ridden in cars with steeda cables/OEM cables and I can't believe I blew $80 for the Steeda Cable when the OEM is better quality and 1/3 price!

blackfang

Established Member
Adj cables suck. Use a stock one and save yourself the aggravation. Too many people have broken or stretched adjustable cables.

brianz426

Established Member
I bought a new factory cable and the Maximum Motorsports quadrant & firewall adjuster. Took me about 2 hours to install. Now have a little over 2,000 miles and no problems. I should have done it a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread