What is possible before tune question

graveyard

Established Member
Just wondering if i could put a cold air intake,and a exhaust system on the cobra( 04 redfire )just a few things before i take it and have it pullied and tuned.I know i haft to have a tune with a pullied or ported or both but i was wondering what i could do myself until that point
I wanted to know if it would be ok to do some of these mods myself and not hurt the cobra engine that would save me some money,a little info please guys let me know

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
You can put an intake/exhaust on it without a tune, these cars are pig rich stock. However most members will sugest you get a tune when you do.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
You can get away with it for sure...I had an intake exhaust and throttle body for a while before I got mine tuned.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i drove mine for 5 years with just an intake/exhaust on the stock pulley/tune

you won't hurt the engine

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
4 years here with Hi-flow cat replacement,catback, and intake.

No problems, and when I got tuned car was running a perfect A/F, and I only netted 5 RWHP and 7RWTQ with the tune.

graveyard

Established Member
4 years here with Hi-flow cat replacement,catback, and intake.

No problems, and when I got tuned car was running a perfect A/F, and I only netted 5 RWHP and 7RWTQ with the tune.

Thanks guys i am going to order a few things myself and put them on,i want drive the car long and i will go have it tuned,i was worried about it might damage the motor and check engine light or something else.I can save a lot of money buy me and my friend putting some of this stuff on myself.

Users who are viewing this thread