What is it with this "Work from home" BS

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I have been approached by multiple people through social media lately telling me "You could make 100k working from home with wifi and a cell phone! You're crazy not to take this opportunity man!"

What's worse is these are legitimate folks messaging me. Some I know, some I don't. They are out there peddling the dumb notion that "500 dollars a day is just one click away!". Anyone that believes it's real/true should go die in a fire.

/hump day rant

CV355

_
Established Member
I work 8-10 hours in the office, then get home and work an extra 3-4 remotely each day.

But, working from home 100%? You get cabin fever. Most of those promises are pyramid schemes and scams, or rely on impossible metrics. I work from home so I can listen to music, sip on coffee, and work out challenging designs without constant interruptions.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I work from home 99% of the time. I don't typically get scheduled for studio time these days, but yeah, you start to get cabin fever a bit.

I have to make a habit of getting out of the house on the weekends, or I start going stir crazy.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I've worked from home for 5 plus years... it has its challenges and its advantages. I'm an outside sales rep for a large software company so I definitely have to limit distractions because I have a large quota.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I think there's a big disconnect here about what some of you do/are talking about and what OP is talking about. I'm 99% sure OP is referencing the people who usually wouldn't have two pennies to rub together anyway who are now selling body wraps (not cars), diet shit, etc.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I think there's a big disconnect here about what some of you do/are talking about and what OP is talking about. I'm 99% sure OP is referencing the people who usually wouldn't have two pennies to rub together anyway who are now selling body wraps (not cars), diet shit, etc.

Yep, gimmicky BS.

My wife does get to work from home when she wants to. She says she can actually get more done because there are fewer distractions. There are positions at her company that work from home full time that she's been eyeing.

Never_Enough

Established Member
My last job was WFH & I LOVED it. I am back in an office now & it sucks dick. I'm hoping I can talk them into WFH soon. It benefits them as well. Less overhead & more production out of me!

It was a real job, though. Not this Facebook bs you speak of.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'd be happy if there was such a thing as an online job I only needed to work from home for a few hours a week and get paid a few hundred a month for. Low stress, low amounts of time and effort, but small amounts of car funds added every month lol.

Blown 89

Established Member
My wife works from home. She'll go weeks without leaving the house. I can't see many downsides. A few minutes after she wakes up she's clocked in and making money and she's done by mid afternoon. The process of just getting two and from my two businesses wastes a minimum of 3 hours in preparation and commute every day. I'd love to work from home and put that time to better use.

rdvenom99

Established Member
I work from home 100%. I live in Florida and work remotely in Chicago doing IT. My wife also works from home doing real estate. My commute is 30ft over to the couch and my wife usually works in bed all morning before even getting up. Don't know if I could ever go back to working in an office with all the drama and annoying people everywhere. If I ever lose this job I'll probably start doing real estate too.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I also WFH full time, but for a Fortune 500 company in a very "real" job. I think these scam type "jobs" are getting more prevalent as it seems more and more people want to find a way to avoid a good old fashion job.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
A lot of them in my area are debt collector firms. You can make $8k a month*

*if you have a 100% recovery rate

Users who are viewing this thread