What is it really worth? A good deal for a member!

realsmith

Wally World or Bust
Established Member
I have a friend who has a really nice white 2003 Cobra with no issues. Around 4k miles, always garaged, with Densecharger and Magnaflow cat-back. The dealer wants to give him about $24,500. Is this a fair price? Is anyone interested? The car is near Wichita Falls, Texas.

Thanks

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
That dealer will probably sell that car for 29-30 K if it really is in that good of condition. List it on the open market, screw the dealer

pwrhungry

Established Member
Just to give you an idea I traded in my 01 GT with 12,999 miles and these mods.

- Vortech SQ Super Charger
- Richard Rienhart Ultragrip pulley
- Morpheus Powerpipe
- 90MM Lightning Mass Air Flow Sensor
- 42lb. injectors
- Diablo chip (tuned by RFF Performance)
- Pro 5.0 Shifter
- 03 Cobra fuel pump & fuel tank
- Hooker Long Tube Headers
- Hooker Off Road X-Pipe
- Magnaflow Catback Mufflers
- FMS 3.73's
- HP Motorsport Subframe Connectors
- Bullitt Replica 10.5" rims with 315/35/17 Nitto 555R's - Rear
- Bullitt Replica 9" rims with 275/40/17 Nitto 555's - Front

Car had been in rain one time because I was out of stat and only blemish was a very small scratch that the dealer noticed on rear bumper.

They sold this car in 3 days and got $20k for it.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Used '03s are going to $25,000 - $28,000. on the average (private). Dealers are getting a bit more depending upon the condition and mileage. One of the reasons is that there are so many of them available. And when the new '05 Mustang comes out the price might drop even more. He's way better off trying to sell it privately. A dealer is going to offer a couple of thousand less.

Blk 02

Established Member
If he is trading it in to buy another vehicle that may not be to bad because you don't pay tax on the value of the trade in. Basically he would get a 24,500 tax break on the new vehicle. So you would have to figure out how much of a difference it would be. I know when I bought my cobra I tradded in my 02 GT and they gave me 14,500 for it and that save me 1500 in taxs that I had to pay, so I would of had to sell my GT for 16000 for it all to equal out.

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Sounds good if thats what they are giving him for a trade, I only paid 24,600 for mine 8 months ago, with 8,000 milees on it, in great shape. Thay always try and screw you on the trade but thats the price to pay for the convience of trading your car out for a new one. You might get 1,000 or more if you sell it personaly , but it can be a real headache dealling person to person, as if buying a car from a dealer is not headache enough.

realsmith

Wally World or Bust
Established Member
He has several vehicles and wants to sell it outright. I thought someone might want to get a great deal. (BTW..I have absolutely no financial interest in the car, I just hate to see him "give" it to the dealer)

Users who are viewing this thread