what is involved in a t56 swap

35THCONVERTIBLE

Established Member
not an easy task i guess if i cant find one for a reasonable price i will drop eninge k member and trans all at once then do the repair. bbk longtubes should be banned from the world..lol

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
unless you wanna come take the header out and practically pull the motor i am done fooling with that bell housing. if soemone wants it they can buy a bell housing for it. i plan on cutting it out and then bolting up a t56 bell housing and calling it a day. have you ever dealt with bbk longtubes and t45 trans before its about worth the aggrivation and loss of cash to discard the bell housing and cut your losses..lol its a bitch

That's why I didn't cheap out when I bought headers. Are you sure you can get the T-56 bellhousing in without dropping the header? It takes some finagling to get mine in. It is still tight in there with the Hookers.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Not sure what you ever did but on my gt with long tubes I fought the same issue several times .

LOWER YOUR K MEMBER!!!!

It sounds a lot worse than it is . It's a matter of loosenig 6 bolts or so. lowering the whole thing maybe 2 inches or so will let the trans slide out so much easier! Pm me if u need some help I'll walk you through it ! Don't cut or beat up your bellhousing !

Neil

oneboredguy

Established Member
The hardest part about this swap is if you have long tubes, getting the t45 out. You could wire the reverse lockout to your brakes as an easy option, or do like me and just take it out. All you have to do is take the little plunger out for it. Yes if I ever went into reverse it'd break....but I don't plan on being a dumbass anytime soon and shove it in there, hear it grind and then release the clutch

Users who are viewing this thread