What is best for me?

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
Hello all,
I just placed an order for a roush axle back for my 11 gt.

I don't want the car to be obnoxiously loud, I do daily the car and like to be able to hear myself think when I drive. But is there a benefit to the off-road x and h pipe for these cars? Are they really that restricted with the stock h? And if I were to go for an off-road x would it be obnoxiously loud? I was thinking of going with long tubes eventually but I don't want to lose the comfort of the car. Any pointers? I'm leaving resonators in place.

bmyles

Established Member
Taking the cats off made my car a lot louder, right now I have a o/r x pipe ang gt500 mufflers and that's pretty loud to me. The roush and O/r mid pipe is going to be loud.

helli217

Established Member
From what I have read (still on stock H) the off road X/H offers the most in terms of power next to long tube headers. O/R/X is my next mod, and I may do Kooks shorties later, but OEM axle backs will stay on the car. From what I understand cat/axle back offers little more than sound in most cases.

Many who have reviewed O/R/X or H paired with Roush axle backs say it is very loud.

Rct851

Established Member
Off road x and roush's is very loud. If anything pair them with an H pipe but either way it's loud

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
If you want a Muscle car sound WITHOUT the obnoxious noise, especially inside the car, then Magnaflow Street Series are by far the best! They are quiet when idling but OUTSIDE THE CAR wick really nice. Cruising at highway speeds are not obxious nor trumpeting, nor droning.

Some guys like loud and that's fine but I don't. If you want a little more "sound" without the obnoxious aforementioned crap I spoke of the RTR's are nice too.

Magnaflow Street Mustang Axleback Exhaust 15593 (11-12 GT, 11-12 GT500) - Free Shipping

Those fit your car^^^^^^

RTR Mustang Axle-back Exhaust w/ Black Tips 1398-0100-01 (11-14 GT) - Free Shipping

Those will fit your car also^^^^^

Get them from wherever is the cheapest but those are the models you want for an '11GT

helli217

Established Member
If it was me I'd cancel the roush order, throw on an X/H pipe/tune/upgrade stock exhaust tips. That's the setup I'll be going.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
If you don't want loud, cancel that order on the Roushs immediately.

Then go buy some GT500s, Borla Stingers (S-Type), or Magnaflow Streets. All of those, when added with an O/R pipe down the road, sound good.

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
Thanks for the pointers. Does anyone have any dyno results from long tubes off-road x-h and axle back? Trying to see if it's even worth it. My cousin had great numbers from just intake x pipe axle back and tune.

Tim Comer

Established Member
From what I can tell, the restrictions in the exhaust is in the cats and the resonators. I have the Lethal over axle pipes and Flowmaster Hushpowers. Not noisy at all with a deep tone to it. When I get my O/R h-pipes on, I'll see how it sounds. Too noisy? I'll stick a set of Dynomax race bullets on. The guy (Beefcake) that did my build said I'd get 50 HP with long tubes and a catless exhaust. 30 HP just by removing the cats. 20 HP for long tubes ain't worth the expense to me.

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
That's actually really impressive gains from just exhaust. Thanks for the input. I'll probably end up seeing how it is with an o/r h pipe and go from there

Users who are viewing this thread