What intake?

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Have someone build you a forward facing top hat for the 01 cobra intake bottom!
There was a guy on here that did just that and it looked really good!

just my .02
That's exactly what I want to do but I just haven't heard if anyone doing that!

Where could I find pics of that sir?

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
I run a 3 1/2" cold pipe to the TB...

IMAG0510.jpg

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Yes but what power under the curve are you losing? We're talking about a tiny motor here. The amount of power lost is insignificant. I would understand on a big block, yea you would notice the loss in power down low.
Well, yours is a race car with an auto. If you have a street car with a stick, the Sullivan will cause added turbo lag for sure. You can make a lot more AVERAGE power with the stocker.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I noticed that both of the cars pictured have the upper intake spacer. Do u really think you gained anything from it?

I debated getting one myself but after doing a search I didn't find any proof that it actually made more power with or without it.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I noticed that both of the cars pictured have the upper intake spacer. Do u really think you gained anything from it?

I debated getting one myself but after doing a search I didn't find any proof that it actually made more power with or without it.

I run the spacer also, but only for the extra clearance. I have a 3" intake tube and have no problems getting it to fit. I had a 3.5" tube but the tuning was miserable at idle,so we went down to the 3".

Somehow I was still able to make 1000 hp with a shitty intake, shitty stock exhaust manifolds, and shitty journal turbos with non billet wheels.

2010_american_muscle_king_of_the_street3.jpg

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I run the spacer also, but only for the extra clearance. I have a 3" intake tube and have no problems getting it to fit. I had a 3.5" tube but the tuning was miserable at idle,so we went down to the 3".

Somehow I was still able to make 1000 hp with a shitty intake, shitty stock exhaust manifolds, and shitty journal turbos with non billet wheels.

2010_american_muscle_king_of_the_street3.jpg

was that with shitty gas also :shrug:

its a nice setup i like the powder coated tube. i was going to do that to mine but ive ran out of $$$. so the main focus now is to just get the damn car done and then modify it as i like later on.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
was that with shitty gas also :shrug:

its a nice setup i like the powder coated tube. i was going to do that to mine but ive ran out of $$$. so the main focus now is to just get the damn car done and then modify it as i like later on.

Haha, no, the 1000 was on good gas.

I feel ya. Turbo cars are great when they are done, but a real pain in the ass to get right.

Didn't you used to be here in hampton roads?

gt347mustang

Established Member

Umm...

Shitty and 1000hp don't belong in the same sentence.

I would call all components that make 1k hp at least "decent".

Whats shitty is only running a mid 10 with 1000hp:poke::
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLZiFixCSiY"]Hellion Cobra 10.46@141 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Umm...

Shitty and 1000hp don't belong in the same sentence.

I would call all components that make 1k hp at least "decent".

Whats shitty is only running a mid 10 with 1000hp:poke::
Hellion Cobra 10.46@141 - YouTube

Ya, that's why I put an auto in the car. The car was waaay too hard to get to leave with the stick. I also never raced it on the 1000 hp boost/tune.
Show me how much better you did with your turbo stick car.

Last edited:

gt347mustang

Established Member
Ya, that's why I put an auto in the car. The car was waaay too hard to get to leave with the stick. I also never raced it on the 1000 hp boost/tune.
Show me how much better you did with your turbo stick car.

Ya, I'm looking for an auto also... havent decided between a 4r70 or 4l80e.

My best time on low boost was a 11.20 and broken axle, the next time I smoked the clutch. Haven't been back to the track since then. Sucks going home on a trailer.

These cars are very difficult to get off the line, no doubt about that. I'm with you on swapping in an auto.

Users who are viewing this thread