What intake is this? *pics*

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
I'm assuming this is the stock intake with a filter and a heat shield? I was told by the previous owner it was a K&N but I don't know. Anyways, if it's stock is it worth the money to upgrade to a JLT RAI? Will I feel or see any difference? It would look better but don't know if I should spend the money there or on different mods. Sorry for the shitty pics.
Thanks in advance. :beer:

93d29abc.gif

ab584bc3.gif

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
other than the filter, and heat shield, it looks pretty stock to me.

edit: i up-graded from my stock intake to a JLT ram air, and loved it. didnt notice a whole lot of hp difference (maybe just a little)...but it def made it to where i can hear the blower whine a lot better/louder.

Last edited:

tjs98gt

Established Member
its the k&n FIPK. basically just a kit that includes the filter and heatshield and attaching hardware.

no need to upgrade from that for a while unless its for cosmetic purposes

black 10th vert

Established Member
it is the K+N FIPK, not stock! You won't see any improvement at all going to a JLT, just depends if you prefer a piece of pvc pipe, and rubber boot couplings instead of the factory accordion pipe. By the way, usually there is a rubber bulb seal that goes around the top of the heat shield on that air filter. I guess the previous owner must have torn it, and chose to remove it for aesthetic reasons.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
it is the k+n fipk, not stock! You won't see any improvement at all going to a jlt, just depends if you prefer a piece of pvc pipe, and rubber boot couplings instead of the factory accordion pipe. By the way, usually there is a rubber bulb seal that goes around the top of the heat shield on that air filter. I guess the previous owner must have torn it, and chose to remove it for aesthetic reasons.

+1

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Yeap K&N FIPK, it's what I have on my car and have no intentions of upgrading anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread