What insurance for your cobra?

oldmodman

Established Member
AAA of Southern California

Cobra is 435.00 per year. The other two cars on the policy are even less.

I am going to check into collector insurance to see if I can get specified value on the Cobra and still see a lower rate.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Terminator insurance is ridiculous. When I first bought y terminator back in 06 I had USAA and for the same policy it more than doubled from my 99 GT to $1512 for 6 months. I then switched to Allstate and it was around $1,100 for 6 months. When I turned 25 it went to about $830, and started to slowly go up every time a new payment was do even though I wasn't get more tickets or anything. My L's insurance is about half what my Terminators insurance was. Hell I've heard Terminator owners who also own C6Z's who have claimed their Z is cheaper to insurance than the Cobra.

Whatever you do just don't get Esurance. All these cheap insurance companies might give you a cheap rate,(relative to other better companies) but they will F you in the A when you need to use them.
Corvette insurance is cheap. My C6 was cheaper than my MS6 to insure.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Corvette insurance is cheap. My C6 was cheaper than my MS6 to insure.

Same here, I traded in my '08 G35 sedan for an '06 Z06 and my insurance premiums went down. Now that I have an '03 Cobra again they skyrocketed.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I have Geico. I'm 31, no accidents, no tickets.

My Terminator cost 1800 a year for full coverage, and that was a few years ago.

the GT now costs 1100 a year for full coverage.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
It will obviously depend on where you are located, but here in central IA it is pretty cheap. I will be 24 this week and have full coverage on both vehicles through progressive.

98 ZR2 Blazer - $29.67/Month
03 Cobra - $55.83/Month

I cannot believe how expensive it is for some of you guys :eek:

Jroc

Established Member
It will obviously depend on where you are located, but here in central IA it is pretty cheap. I will be 24 this week and have full coverage on both vehicles through progressive.

98 ZR2 Blazer - $29.67/Month
03 Cobra - $55.83/Month

I cannot believe how expensive it is for some of you guys :eek:

True.

SC is pretty bad/high compared to most states from my understanding as we are suppose to have one of the highest percentages of uninsured drivers.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
California is expensive to get your car insured in. Especially in the more populated areas like los angeles. When I moved from san luis obispo county back to los angeles county after school, I think my rates went up like $50 per month. And that was with only one car on the policy.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Also, insurance rates are based off of both your driving history, and on that particular vehicles accident statistics as well. If more people are in accidents in mustangs than in corvettes, then the mustang will most likely be more expensive to insure. Also, if your area has lots of accidents, rates will be higher. Not 100% on how these companies come up with their rates, but i am pretty sure this has a lot to do with it.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
for those mentioning Grundy, Hagerty etc you need to read their stipulations VERY closely. I put my Mach with Hagerty because with Grundy (who was about half the price of Hagerty) you can basically ONLY use the car for hobby functions (ie car shows, parades, to and from repair/modification shops). Use it for much of anything outside of that and you're screwed (I was told by them I could NEVER drive it to work, NEVER drive it to school, NO going to the store etc...if every great once in a while it was taken to dinner and a movie that would be ok) and they really stressed the every great once in a while bit.

Sick03Vert

Banned
$64/month full coverage for my Terminator. 32 years old. Geico. Clean driving record.

Other companies wanted one of my testicles, so I declined.

Also, Corvette insurance is stupid cheap. My C5 monthly premium was paid by dropping a McDonald's combo meal by my agent's office.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
for those mentioning Grundy, Hagerty etc you need to read their stipulations VERY closely. I put my Mach with Hagerty because with Grundy (who was about half the price of Hagerty) you can basically ONLY use the car for hobby functions (ie car shows, parades, to and from repair/modification shops). Use it for much of anything outside of that and you're screwed (I was told by them I could NEVER drive it to work, NEVER drive it to school, NO going to the store etc...if every great once in a while it was taken to dinner and a movie that would be ok) and they really stressed the every great once in a while bit.

Grundy $617 year stated value, 2012 GT500. And yes there are stipulations, because it's not supposed to be your DD. It's collector car insurance.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Damn I was looking into Grundy to if I cant drive it to work on nice days here and there forget it. Im 27 and it equals out to $78 a month with State Farm. $32 a month for my 92 GT there not listed as primary but can drive them to work here and there grundy quoted me online $477 a year for both but I guess now it wouldnt be worth it.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I have Geico. I'm 31, no accidents, no tickets.

My Terminator cost 1800 a year for full coverage, and that was a few years ago.

the GT now costs 1100 a year for full coverage.

Wow, you are getting royally raped if you are paying those rates for your vehicles at 31 years old with no violations... I mean ROYALLY.

But you're in California though, so it makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread