What insurance for your cobra?

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I have had Geico for about 15 years now. No tickets, no wrecks, nothing of that nature. I was shopping around to see about getting a better rate on my cars. When calling some of the insurance companies a lot of them told me they do not offer insurance on the cobra. why is this?

so what insurance company do you use? I know a lot of you use USAA but i am non military.

When looking at rates it seems like the Mach 1 is less than half as much as i am paying for the 03 cobra.

Thoughts?

Jebadias

Established Member
I'm not a fan of geico but i find it hard to believe they do not insure Cobras. Maybe you could try calling them again and seeing if the first person you called screwed up the search. Insurance agents typically are not the smartest people when it comes to specialty cars and it may be that they didn't click something right in their computer.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I have had Geico for a while. They will put insurance on the cobra. I am just looking for other options. But when calling around most companies will not because its a "Cobra"

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
This is a toy for me and I have a work truck. Do the collector car insurance places limit u on miles or anything ?

Jebadias

Established Member
This is a toy for me and I have a work truck. Do the collector car insurance places limit u on miles or anything ?

Many do limit you on mileage. 3,5 and 6k/year seems common. Garages are also often nessesary with specialty insurance companies. Also Hagerty will limit you based on your current daily driver. I can not insure my Boss through them because my F350 deisel truck is not new enough for them.

SteedaGT9150

Established Member
Geico full coverage - 112 a month, I'm 23. I also had a few companies that would not insure me on the cobra.

Jroc

Established Member
Terminator insurance is ridiculous. When I first bought y terminator back in 06 I had USAA and for the same policy it more than doubled from my 99 GT to $1512 for 6 months. I then switched to Allstate and it was around $1,100 for 6 months. When I turned 25 it went to about $830, and started to slowly go up every time a new payment was do even though I wasn't get more tickets or anything. My L's insurance is about half what my Terminators insurance was. Hell I've heard Terminator owners who also own C6Z's who have claimed their Z is cheaper to insurance than the Cobra.

Whatever you do just don't get Esurance. All these cheap insurance companies might give you a cheap rate,(relative to other better companies) but they will F you in the A when you need to use them.

amhauke

SSN8K
Established Member
I live in KY so naturally I have Kentucky Farm Bureau. My daily is a 05 4Runner/55 a month and my 04 Cobra/71 a month. Full coverage on both. I also have my home through them so that helps some. I can't find anyone to touch those premiums. I recently got a quote for a 06 Z06 for 49 a month from them. Can't believe the Cobra is higher.

Keeping the Cobra of course..:banana:

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
I had state farm for over 10 years. I switched to Encompass and my rate was cut in half. It's not one of those cheap companies that doesn't payout and give you a hard time in the event of an accident either.

king nothing

Established Member
When I was first looking at cobras the insurance company I was with at the time (cant even remember what company) literally laughed when I called asking for a quote. I was 28 and hadnt had a ticket in 7 years and they told me they wouldnt touch it

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I have Geico. I take it off during the storage months and drive my Jeep. I'm paying $38 a month now for full coverage on my Jeep, and when I put the Cobra back on i usually pay about $60 a month for the two. I'm 28 and have nothing on my record.

03 deadpool

Established Member
I use american collector. There is some stipulations but nothing i cant live with and 300$ bucks for a year and 25 thousand dollors coverage for my cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread