What in the hell is wrong with NY?!

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
*Facepalm

You need to re-read what I wrote fool. Let me help you along. Stay with me now. I said addressing the obesity problem is good, but banning soda is the wrong way to go about it. Btw, skinny does not = healthy.

And I said not banning ANY food is the right way.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Not for it......

I consider myself healthy, I am fit, and im 34. I came from a family that was the opposite.....

However, for whatever reason if I decided to visit the state of NY and wanted to throwdown on a 2L of Soda and some unhealthy food in copius amounts of my choice I dont need a politician to tell me I cannot do that. That is my choice, and of my own free will.

Education is there, at the lowest levels of the public school system. My daughter is in 1st grade, and they are already being educated about healthy lifestyles. She is educated, the school educates her, we enforce & practice a healthy lifestyle in our home. Our daughter does activities like gymnastics, dance, hiking etc. Its a mindset, and choice.... Enuff of that though.

Lets get real here... It starts with a choice by your own free will. If you want to be a burden on yourself, your family, die young of heart disease, diabetes, or obesity related illness due to your own stupidity by all means pull up to the buffet and fire away. I wont stop you. You should have that right, and no politician should be able to stop you. The statistics arent getting any better, the excuse of not being educated is an entitlement trait and seems to be a catch all for slacking off lately. Harden the **** up, & use some ****ing common sense, eat good, and stay active. It's worked for a couple thousand years before we had liberals and idiots like bloomtard telling us what is best for us.

Legislation of Utopia dreamland is a pipedream, and a gateway for a dillusional populace, and enslaved society. Makes for a good science fiction novel.

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member
Definitely the wrong way to attempt to help curve the obesity/diabetes epidemic in this nation but something needs to be done. Just like everything else illegal or banned in this country, people will find a way around it and continue to do as they please. To the guy drinking 2-liters by the jug, I look forward to your thread on how diabetes sucks, have you ever had any kidney stones?

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
This is bullshit. When will they realize we are adults. Who wants join my "Give us back our narcotics and 2-liter soda" campaign?!!

Here's our chant:

"Drugs, soda, what's it to you! If Pepsi was illegal I would shoot that too!"

96 cobra

Established Member
549231_485865864794088_1244591785_n.jpg

ibleedblue65

Established Member
This is bullshit. When will they realize we are adults. Who wants join my "Give us back our narcotics and 2-liter soda" campaign?!!

Here's our chant:

"Drugs, soda, what's it to you! If Pepsi was illegal I would shoot that too!"

Your comparing soda and narcotics..... Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? On a side not I don't think prohibition works. The war on drugs has caused a lot of crime in this country and has cost us a lot of money while being fairly in effective. We should legalize and age restrict drugs. Allow people to make their own decisions once they are adults. I'm not doing cocaine whether its legal or not, don't know about you.

slidai

Established Member
Food/drink anything...

Are you high or just stupid? I said that addressing the obesity epidemic is a good thing. But banning soft drinks is not the way to go about it. I then said that a major problem in this country is the availability of cheap food that's not healthy. Then I said education of the people about proper eating habits is where we need to start. Never once did I say anything about banning food. All that soda is making you dumb.

Last edited:

Riptide

Established Member
I think ignorance is a minor player here. People for the most part know how you get fat. For whatever reason be it lazy behavior, addiction to sugar, compensating for some other problem in their life, etc. they choose to do this to themselves. Curing the sources of these problems, essentially social issues, is extremely difficult.

You don't think this kind of legislation and behavior has national implications?

NY is full of very radical and far left type of people. They are very different over there from the rest of America. They are like the opposite end of the spectrum of Texas. I could never see the rest of the nation falling into line with what the NewYawkers are doing.

I am as librel as they come. I think what he is doing is good (trying to help curb the obesity epidemic) but I think it's the wrong way to go about it. Just limiting the size of drinks at restaurants and food carts does not solving the core problem. There needs to be education about the health problems associated with obesity. Soda is obviously not the whole problem, but it certainly is a big part. The bigger issue is that it's cheaper to eat fast and unhealthy food. There needs to be a lifestyle awakening in this country or in 50 years, 75% of the population will be obese.

You think you are a 'liberal' but its because you are confused. You aren't even a 'liberal' in the classic sense of how that is defined, if you even support or admire a move like this. But that's the way things are today. Conservatism and Liberalism are being redifined daily.

slidai

Established Member
You think you are a 'liberal' but its because you are confused. You aren't even a 'liberal' in the classic sense of how that is defined, if you even support or admire a move like this. But that's the way things are today. Conservatism and Liberalism are being redifined daily

So if I agree, I'm not a liberal (in the classic sense). If I don't agree, I am a liberal (in the classic sense).

So if I agree, I'm not a liberal (in the classic sense). If I don't agree, I am a liberal (in the classic sense).

A true liberal, like so many of our 'Founding Fathers' were, would never support or even think what Bloomberg did was a good idea. The terms 'liberal' and 'conservative' have lost their meaning today. For example, a genuine conservative would be someone who thought and believed the things that Barry Godlwater did. Most never heard of him and he is the poster boy for conservatism, in every sense of the word.

Users who are viewing this thread