what i can get out of my auto set up 6r80 ?

Aaron5.0

Im thinking about going with a powerglide set up when i turbo my car. Its a 2012 with 30,000 miles i will be selling it with shifter, dss driveshaft, circle d 5c converter, aftermarket deep alum pan. Just wondering what a set up like this would go for. Thanks for any info. !!!

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I'm curious why you want a powerglide? There are plenty of 6r80s in the 8s.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
yea the Glide is reserved from sub 7 second passes and sux on the street but I'm sure uve already thought of this. id be curious to know wat its worth myself i wud think $4k is about wat ull get with converter and DS

Aaron5.0

I'm curious why you want a powerglide? There are plenty of 6r80s in the 8s.
Well im in the process of building my car. I have a hellion twin kit with the upgraded 6466 turbos . Getting the engine sleeved and forged internals. I just hate to put a few more thousand in my 6r80 when i have the capability to out grow it in the future. Thought maybe i would be better off selling what i have and put the money i would have to put in the 6r80 toward a glide setup.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
that 6R80 is a Beast! if ur goin full dedicated race car than absolutely yes a no brainer. better 60 ft, lighter, better ET, hold more power etc... but if u still street ride it no way bro don't do it!

Aaron5.0

Ya just weighing my options. I dont really drive the car much. Doubt i put 300 miles on it last year. Im already looking at a converter change , billet shaft and clutch upgrade if i stay w 6r80. I was just thinking i may be better off switching to a glide now and have no worries when i turn this thing up. Decisions decisions. Lol

stang910

Established Member
Trans $1500
Shifter $80
Driveshaft $500
Circle D $800

This is what I feel is fair for what your trying to sell. This isn't a complete swap so I don't see you getting close to $4000 for it, maybe $3000. At the prices I said your buyer will probably want you to pay the shipping also.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Trans $1500
Shifter $80
Driveshaft $500
Circle D $800

This is what I feel is fair for what your trying to sell. This isn't a complete swap so I don't see you getting close to $4000 for it, maybe $3000. At the prices I said your buyer will probably want you to pay the shipping also.
This.

There is someone selling a built 2014 6r80 near me right now asking for $3500, which I doubt he'll see more than $3000 and that is with someone picking it up locally.

Users who are viewing this thread