What hoods will clear my 3.6LC?

svtmadman

Established Member
I've been looking at the Super Snake hood from Shelby Store. Ive sent an EMAIL to Tru Fiber on there Carbon Fiber Hood and im waiting for a response...do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Shawn

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I think you still need to lower the engine a tad with the SS hood. I'm starting to like the trucarbon cowl a lot

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
cervini fiberglass cowl fits apparently. I have a "buddy" here with this hood and a 3.6 and it fits. He says he has the stock mounts and k member.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
I'm using my stock hood but I had to use a BMR 1/2" lowering K-Member, Replaced the upper bushing in the K-member with a piece of Delrin I cut on the Lathe that is 5/16" lower, 1/8" spacer under the K-member and then trimmed the hood like it was a 2.9. The forward top edge of the blower clears by about 1/16th inch. I dropped the motor a total of 7/8"-15/16".

CPRsm

I'm using my stock hood but I had to use a BMR 1/2" lowering K-Member, Replaced the upper bushing in the K-member with a piece of Delrin I cut on the Lathe that is 5/16" lower, 1/8" spacer under the K-member and then trimmed the hood like it was a 2.9. The forward top edge of the blower clears by about 1/16th inch. I dropped the motor a total of 7/8"-15/16".

Dang, do you know what the working angle is on the u-joint now ?

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Dang, do you know what the working angle is on the u-joint now ?

Yes, but the exact angles I would have to ask my buddy that helped me with that. Unfortunately, my understanding of the drivetrain angles is about the equal to my tuning knowledge. The guy I had help me was a master Ford Tech that ventured out on his own to do the 4-wheeling and hot rodding stuff. He did have me add some small spacers to the trans mount and push the whole rear end back about an half inch. After those adjustments, we set the pinion angle it hooks WELL and hasn't offered a vibration yet: knock on wood.

rdsnk46

Established Member

Your welcome #2! LOL JMWY!

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
I ran into the OP's same problem last year. At the time, the Super Snake hood was not available. A recent call over to Shelby Performance tells me that the hood will clear the supercharger with 1/2" lowering motor mounts. I was told the hood weighs approximately 70 pounds, which if accurate, would be heavier than stock.

I am running a Type IV Ram Air Hood from Cervini. I like the look of the hood quite a bit, and it just clears my 3.6 with 1/2" lowering motor mounts. I am told by Cervini that it weighs 41 pounds, but I am not sure if this is accurate.

I have yet to paint my hood, but here is a pic:

cervini_ramIV.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread