What happens when someone gets suspended from work?

ttown

Established Member
They should have tested him at least twice in case it was a false postive. With big forturne 500 companies if you go into rehad you'll be reinstated from the companies I've worked for.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I know someone that works for an aerospace company building airplanes. He is one year away from being able to take his retirement package, which includes a healthy pension. He has worked in this position with this company for probably close to 13 years already.

He is friends with someone who does cocaine but he does not do cocaine himself, this I know for fact. His company recently did a random drug test and he tested positive for cocaine. They suspended him indefinitely without pay. What does this mean? Is he ****ed? It would really suck to see him lose his retirement package for something that he didn't do.

That means that he does cocaine.

Also, what company gives a "healthy pension" for 14 years of service?

50 Proof

Established Member
Also, what company gives a "healthy pension" for 14 years of service?

13-14 years not factoring the many years he worked for the company prior to the position he currently holds. He worked for this company for many years doing jig and fixture, got laid off because no projects or workforce were needed. The company paid for him to go to school to learn a new skill, so he went back to school and did other work for a few years. He then got rehired by the company to get trained as an aircraft mechanic. He has been in his current job for about 13 years. Total time at the company has been much longer. He is a valuable asset to the production line that he works on and at his age has been able to outperform everyone including those that are over 30 years younger than him. He was out on medical leave for a couple of months earlier this year, it took two skilled employees to be able to make up for the work that he was doing. He's one of the top paid employees of his department and probably earns more than the management that he reports to. I could go on and on justifying things but what difference does it make?

Last edited:

canibus

Established Member
If someone laced your coffee with cocaine, would you still test positive for it?

probably, but a highly unlikely situation. cocaine is too expensive for people to just give it away like that.

your buddy simply took a sniff, nothing wrong with it. Doesn't make him a bad person. unfortunatly he picked the wrong time to do it

50 Proof

Established Member
your buddy simply took a sniff, nothing wrong with it. Doesn't make him a bad person. unfortunatly he picked the wrong time to do it

more likely than not, that is probably what happened. I must say, I am quite disappointed right now.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
13-14 years not factoring the many years he worked for the company prior to the position he currently holds. He worked for this company for many years doing jig and fixture, got laid off because no projects or workforce were needed. The company paid for him to go to school to learn a new skill, so he went back to school and did other work for a few years. He then got rehired by the company to get trained as an aircraft mechanic. He has been in his current job for about 13 years. Total time at the company has been much longer. He is a valuable asset to the production line that he works on and at his age has been able to outperform everyone including those that are over 30 years younger than him. He was out on medical leave for a couple of months earlier this year, it took two skilled employees to be able to make up for the work that he was doing. He's one of the top paid employees of his department and probably earns more than the management that he reports to. I could go on and on justifying things but what difference does it make?

If that is the case, he sounds like an employee the company would want to keep around. Most large companies have a policy on addressing drug abuse and usually will offer help, unless he is found to have violated one of their zero tolerance policies.

I suggest that he would be well served by immediately consulting a employment lawyer.

Users who are viewing this thread