What Gauges?

02saleen

Established Member
I am looking at getting a boost/vacc, intercooler temp not sure what it is called lol and air/fuel (wideband). This will all be on a A pillar. Now what you recommend and why? mechanical vs electrical, or should I get a diff combo of gauges

I am looking at the C2 and both Phantom series from Autometer. I want to be close to the Saleen gauges. Also will any mounting workif the diameter is the same?

Thanks in advance guys

and sorry for the noob ?s :beer:

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
Get electrical. And I will be getting the C2's as well to match my 99 Cobra cluster with blue back light....

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I Love that Aeroforce Gauge but $250 is STEEP!! I just went with Auto Meter 2 1/16 Pro-Comp ultra-Lite Electric Oil and water and the 20psi Boost/vacuum! All for under $100 brand new in Box in Ebay!

02saleen

Established Member

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Is there a HUGE advantage to the electrical boost and water temp gauge?

I prefer to not run fluids into the cab. For this reason I would go electrical with the water temp but a mechanical boost gauge is safe.

Chuckie B

Established Member
album.php

i would go mechanical on the vac/ boost gauge...asked the guy who installed my KB the same question and he said thats the way to go so i got the autometer mech. vac/boost guage & its dead on... i've heard bad things on autometers the air/fuel gauge so i didnt go with them on that. went with the innovate motorsports air/fuel, it works great..just my 2 cents. goodluck

Last edited:

02saleen

Established Member
album.php

i would go mechanical on the vac/ boost gauge...asked the guy who installed my KB the same question and he said thats the way to go so i got the autometer mech. vac/boost guage & its dead on... i've heard bad things on autometers the air/fuel gauge so i didnt go with them on that. went with the innovate motorsports air/fuel, it works great..just my 2 cents. goodluck

I think I heard the same about the autometer air fuel gauge but I dont want to have a ton of diff gauges

thanks for the input

harvboi05

Established Member
innovate gauges arent too expensive and look different. im happy with mine.

IMAG0182.jpg

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
i've heard bad things on autometers the air/fuel gauge so i didnt go with them on that.
autometer makes wideband a/f gauges now instead of only making the crappy narrowband so he'd be fine with going all autometer as long as its not the old kind that just tells you "lean" "rich"

Last edited:

Roll Race Rob

Established Member
i have an electric autometer boost gauge im selling for $100 if your interested, like new, phantom series.
i recoomend the aem uego widebands.

Users who are viewing this thread