What food are you making for the Super Bowl?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
What's everyone making for the big game tomorrow? Share some recipes/tips with us.

I'm gonna head to a friends house but I'm gonna throw a brisket in the crock pot tonight (marinading in some victoria beer all day today). Gonna make tacos and bbq beef sandwiches with it. Also gonna make a huge pot of green chili for chili fries and smothered burritos and hot dogs.

This is the basic recipe for the chili I make. I kinda do a few things in some different proportions but this will get you super close. I don't like the cubed pork so I either use jimmy dean regular sausage or my butcher has a special sausage blend that I like as well. Or you could just buy ground pork at the store and put your own spices...

Green Chile Stew Recipe : : Food Network

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
All you can eat and drink for $25? Me and my friends would put that place out of business

oldmodman

Established Member
Nothing.

I will be doing yard work. And an oil change. And finally replacing a back yard light fixture. And that's after going to three stores since they will be totally empty and the freeways will be deserted too.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Feb 5th is also my 21st Birthday. My suite mates and I are going hard or going home.

We are doing Steaks, beer, chips n dip, beer, wings, beer, potatoes, beer, and beer

tdschst

Established Member
All you can eat and drink for $25? Me and my friends would put that place out of business

That's what we're planning. There's a few around here that are doing $35 too. We already have our table reserved, they have around 30 TVs, plus a projector. Best part is I don't start work until noon on Monday! :banana:

The one bar/pizza place by us does a $25 special for Bears and Blackhawks games. Nachos at the start, pizza for your table (unless you have less than 4 people, then your get like 4-5 slices) and a dinner at halftime or end of 2nd period. Dinner you can have ribs, wings, shrimp or chicken. It's all you can drink too

Last edited:

slow06

Established Member
16 lb's of ribeye steak (marinated in zesty Italian dressing with some sea salt and Chicago steak seasoning) , baked potato, mac n cheese along with some veggies, and a case of bud light.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I just finished cooking for tomorrow. I made a beef brisket and shredded marinated beef with cilantro and chilis for tacos. I also made fresh guacamole and salsa. I have the eggplant parmigiana cooling and the lasagna is done too. I also made two cheesecakes: one is pumpkin and the other is tiramisu. I will make the queso dip and spinach artichoke in the morning.

Mjavant1985

Figgy (Cam) Newton
Established Member
Between everyone that's coming over, we are having Brats & Sauerkraut (in the crock pot all day tomorrow with wood chuck beer(apple cider)) Laffy Taffy pizza(don't know what this is...) and an assortment of dips. But, I am saving my celebration stuff til Wednesday for the Carolina-Duke game. A few of us are buying out the VIP lounge at a nice strip club.

Planter

Banned
smoked chicken (2 birds smoked with hickory chunks soaked in water and bud light over night)
crock pot tenderized ribs in a homemade bbq sauce
homemade strawberry/blackberry ice cream shakes
bud light
rum and coke
chips and salsa
fruit salad

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Going to start a pork shoulder butt in the crockpot shortly for pulled bbq pork. Also got everything to make homemade pizza and have 2 bags of wings and whatever everyone else is bringing along with them. I have the biggest tv of all my friends (and it's only 52") so we have been doing it at my place the past 3 years.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
My girlfriend's dad is frying up a bunch of wings, we had pulled pork the other night so we're making pork wontons and some crab rangoons.

Adiabatik

Banned
LOL @ this thread, its like the SB is bigger than the 4th of July and Thanksgiving :beer:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
We have about 30 coming over. Doing pulled pork, lemon chicken and sliced steaks. Every one coming over is bringing a side, and I know one of my friends is bringing a bushel of oysters. It's a BYOB, and I have Monday off.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Low Fat, low sodium Chili. Lightly salted Ritz. Topped off with low fat shredded cheese. Washed down with caffeine free diet coke.....:nonono:

This diet SUCKS!!:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread