What exhausts are available for the Convertibles?

_Satch_

Established Member
Hello everybody, I'm new to this sub forum... I usually hang out over at the 2013-14 GT500 forum. My wife recently purchased a 50th Anniversary GT Convertible, because I've RUINED the Shelby (her words), way to many mods to list. Soo, to my question, has anyone changed out exhausts on a 2015 vert yet? I've recently discovered that the Corsa Sport won't fit because of the sub-frame connectors. On a totally different note though, this weekend I'm planning on putting my 2014 PP Shelby wheels on her car to see what that looks like... Photos to follow.

Thanks,

Satch

chevpwr

Established Member
Magnaflow is supposed to be available on the 25th (which is Memorial Day) so I would guess the 26th of this month.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm sure many of the kits already out there will currently fit, it's just that the companies haven't test fit them on the verts yet.

_Satch_

Established Member
I'm sure many of the kits already out there will currently fit, it's just that the companies haven't test fit them on the verts yet.

I'm kinda leery on buying another kit and hoping it fits. I already have the Corsa Sports on my 2014 convertible, and really like the way they sound. I guess I'll just have to wait for them to make a vert specific exhaust.

Satch

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm kinda leery on buying another kit and hoping it fits. I already have the Corsa Sports on my 2014 convertible, and really like the way they sound. I guess I'll just have to wait for them to make a vert specific exhaust.

Satch

Oh yeah, I would def wait until the manufacturers confirm that their kits fit.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Well I can for sure confirm this is not true of the ford racing.. I had to sell mine.. It will go on .. And it will work per say.. But it rattles because you have to basically crush the exhaust into place.. The thicker exhaust does not work well because of the added diameter. If it is factory diameter it will.. But the ford racing touring cat back for sure does not.. Verified on my convertible..

_Satch_

Established Member
Well I can for sure confirm this is not true of the ford racing.. I had to sell mine.. It will go on .. And it will work per say.. But it rattles because you have to basically crush the exhaust into place.. The thicker exhaust does not work well because of the added diameter. If it is factory diameter it will.. But the ford racing touring cat back for sure does not.. Verified on my convertible..

Thanks for the heads up!

chevpwr

Established Member
I talked to Magnaflow Friday, the new style, Comp and Street (same part#s as the previous but will fit both coupe and vert) are supposed to be shipping out the 26th of this month!

_Satch_

Established Member
I talked to Magnaflow Friday, the new style, Comp and Street (same part#s as the previous but will fit both coupe and vert) are supposed to be shipping out the 26th of this month!

I have a MF on my 2008 F-150 and its droney, hopefully their new stuff is better with that! Chevpwr, that is a SWEET looking convertible in your sig. I've been looking for a more aggressive rear deck spoiler for the vert too. The factory one is pretty blah!
Satch

chevpwr

Established Member
I have a MF on my 2008 F-150 and its droney, hopefully their new stuff is better with that! Chevpwr, that is a SWEET looking convertible in your sig. I've been looking for a more aggressive rear deck spoiler for the vert too. The factory one is pretty blah!
Satch

I ordered the CDC Outlaw rear spoiler, it should be here the end of this week.

_Satch_

Established Member
I ordered the CDC Outlaw rear spoiler, it should be here the end of this week.

I've been eye-balling that spoiler for a while now... Let me know how if it fits. I wish CDC sold them pre-painted. I am in the process now of returning a Roush Spoiler that I bought that doesn't fit, because of the brake light. I'm not doing very well on the 2015 mods.
Satch

chevpwr

Established Member
I finally got to order my Magnaflow Street series catback for my GT vert today from Justin at Xhaust Shop 586-227-9515. I usually buy my stuff from Beefcake but I had talked to Justin from Xhaust Shop back in February about exhaust for the convertibles and he had been giving me updates about every two weeks (I kinda felt obligated). He has great customer service, and he can sell you either of the new Magnaflow catbacks for $895 shipped. I'll get pics as soon as I get to install it.

Last edited:

_Satch_

Established Member
I just got an email back from Corsa about the availability of a convertible specific exhaust system.
"The Convertible system will most likely see a release date closer to the fall.
We are working on the ECOboost and convertible systems at the same time."
...and the waiting begins!
Satch

chevpwr

Established Member
I received my Magnaflow Street catback yesterday, hope to have it installed today!

LUSPqF.jpg

Last edited:

_Satch_

Established Member
You are killing me chevpwr! It looks nice! I wish MF did the black chrome tips. How does it sound?
Satch

chevpwr

Established Member
You are killing me chevpwr! It looks nice! I wish MF did the black chrome tips. How does it sound?
Satch

I have a "little" exhaust leak right now, once I get it fixed (hopefully this Friday or Saturday) I will make a short idle and rev video.
I have headers and no cats so it's not just super quiet.

_Satch_

Established Member
I have a "little" exhaust leak right now, once I get it fixed (hopefully this Friday or Saturday) I will make a short idle and rev video.
I have headers and no cats so it's not just super quiet.

I guess hearing it will be a moot point then. I added full length headers and an or-h pipe to the Corsa Sports exhaust on my GT500... It got CONSIDERABLY louder after!
Satch

Users who are viewing this thread