What exhaust?

tboothe

Established Member
Just curious, what exhausts do you all use on your turbo setups? Any of you tried putting your stock catback on and welding in some cutouts? Anybody using the bassani? Post up

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
I have the Bassani. It sounds pretty good, but is definitely quieter since the turbo install, I guess I was used to the sound of the X-pipe and headers.

TRBO VNM

I have used borla stinger and magnapacks. both I think sound good. you want a muffler that is not chambered. the turbo acts as a muffler.

tboothe

Established Member
I kind of wish I had kept my SLP exhaust since I am going turbo. No biggie. I have bassani on there right now (2.5"), but I want something 3 inch, or possibly cutouts. Does anybody have any experience with cutouts on your cobras? I have used them on previous turbo cars, and they made significant differences on turbo lag and power.

mustarrosa

Established Member
HPP Motorsports uses cutouts on their exhaust array and includes it as an option on their turbo kits...contact them for the brand/type they use...it can be either electric or manual actuated...

zo6this

Established Member
I kind of wish I had kept my SLP exhaust since I am going turbo. No biggie. I have bassani on there right now (2.5"), but I want something 3 inch, or possibly cutouts. Does anybody have any experience with cutouts on your cobras? I have used them on previous turbo cars, and they made significant differences on turbo lag and power.

I dont recommend the slp exhaust on a turbo car unless you like having krackeling in the exhaust i had it on my car and hated it i switched to bassani and i love it.

Users who are viewing this thread