What exhast should I buy?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I run the Supersnake axle back (Borla) and have been very happy, my current set up on my 14 is SS mufflers with ARH 1 7/8 headers and High flow H pipe. Stainless works would've been my 2nd choice and I also hear Corsa sounds very nice. Muffler choice will depend largely on mid pipe and header choice.

Last edited:

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
This has been my biggest debate since I got my car. I've been spending hours on YouTube listening to different cat backs / axle backs and other exhaust combinations. I was thinking of putting together a sound board similar to what's in the Terminator section.

Personally I've been bouncing between many different axle backs including MRT, Corsa, Stainless Works, Borla S-Type and ATAK, and FRPP. I think in that order too.

paluka21

Established Member
MRT a good cat back exhast can only buy just the cat back what should I buy

Here's the MRT axle back on my car. It definitely has a deeper tone than stock, much louder under throttle, yet doesn't have a lot of the crackling/popping sound you hear from many of the after market exhausts. The down side, is that it does have some drone at various RPM's.

[video=youtube;W5vWtFpAFak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5vWtFpAFak[/video]

HighTorque

Established Member
I ran borla atak cat back exhaust and loved it. I switched over to the ss oval tip borlas not as loud as ataks but love the look of the ovals.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have tried a lot of different axle backs (corsa, magnaflow, Kooks, borla) and the best one by far is the supersnake axle back. It's the most expensive but worth every penny IMO, and you can't beat those big oval tips.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
I have tried a lot of different axle backs (corsa, magnaflow, Kooks, borla) and the best one by far is the supersnake axle back. It's the most expensive but worth every penny IMO, and you can't beat those big oval tips.

Great info! I think I've found a few of your videos online, particularly Kooks. Do you have a link for the supersnake axle back. I'm failing at Google right now. NM... I see you have to call Shelby directly and hand out the cash :)

Last edited:

coyotehp

Established Member
I had the FRPP and it has a aggressive sound but its a bit raspy. I now have the super snake kit. Its louder than stock but much deeper and the tips are nice.

railroad

Established Member
Not what you asked for, but if you can run an off road pipe, it sounds good with the stock mufflers. Probably much cheaper and a lot easier to install. There are some sound clips already posted on it. Van from Revan Racing posted the one that sold me on the idea. No regrets on the approach.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
just get cut outs and quiet when you want, or just open them part way for some noise or all the way to be loud

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Great info! I think I've found a few of your videos online, particularly Kooks. Do you have a link for the supersnake axle back. I'm failing at Google right now. NM... I see you have to call Shelby directly and hand out the cash :)

Yeah the supersnakeexhaust is expensive but worth it, here is a video https://youtu.be/K9pKAxOuRCo

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I am running the Borla/Ford Racing kit with quad tips. I like the sound. Little lower at idle and opens up at wide open. NO drone.

Is this the same muffler the SS Borla uses?

Tom

coyotehp

Established Member
I am running the Borla/Ford Racing kit with quad tips. I like the sound. Little lower at idle and opens up at wide open. NO drone.

Is this the same muffler the SS Borla uses?

Tom

No. I had the same ones you do. I took the FRPP back off and put the stock ones back on. Later on, I picked up the SS kit. Here is a picture to show the difference.

IMG_2513.jpg

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
If I were to switch exhausts I'd only care about how it sounds from the inside. Could care less how "nasty" it sounds to bystanders and cops.

How's the FRPP sound inside the car compared to stock?

RangerDLA

Established Member
If I were to switch exhausts I'd only care about how it sounds from the inside. Could care less how "nasty" it sounds to bystanders and cops.

How's the FRPP sound inside the car compared to stock?

It sounds louder, throatier and there's no drone. I think it sounds perfect IMO.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
It sounds louder, throatier and there's no drone. I think it sounds perfect IMO.

To me, it sounds a little quieter at idle. Otherwise, I agree on all comments. I have had Borla before on other Mustangs and was equally impressed. Very pleased with their product quality and sound. And NO drone!!!

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread