What engine oil does everyone like?

Outtaluck SVT

Established Member
I have a 97 Cobra with a Vortech V3 on it and 115,000 miles. Always ran Motorcraft Semi synthetic 10-30 before the blower with a motorcraft filter.

keystonemedical

Established Member
I have a 97 Cobra with a Vortech V3 on it and 115,000 miles. Always ran Motorcraft Semi synthetic 10-30 before the blower with a motorcraft filter.

Ive used Motorcraft in all my Ford stuff over the years. Ive always used whatever the manufacturer suggested and never had a oil related problem. There are alot sexier options out there, Amsoil, Royal Purple ect. but in the end its just a lubricant. Change it per manufacturer intervals, and run it.

tannerlef

Established Member
I have a 98 cobra with 165xxx miles (it's my daily) should I use the high mileage oil, has anyone ever had a problem with it?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Taco_Crisma

Established Member
I ran Mobile 1 in highschool and Royal Purple from 07 and on, I notice a difference but that's just me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bumsoil

Established Member
I used Royal Purple HPS for about 2 years, then i switched to amsoil SS.
Both great oils. Then i saw the results of Mobil 1 on multiple engines with high miles and switched to Mobil 1 Extended performance.

just find a good oil and good filter (Mobil 1 filter too) and do 3k-5k changes. don't stress about it too much like i did, lol.

96dreamer

Established Member
I run schaefers 5w-20, I get the family member hookup on the stuff and its great quality. Old motor looked great after tearing it down because of a broken piston skirt.

Users who are viewing this thread