what e85 to use for November drag outing?

twistedneck

Established Member
In Michigan i'll be stuck with E70 starting late October / Early November.

Putting a new cobra jet intake, cai, and throttle body on first week of November and i'll need to tune that and get it ready to hit the track November 9th, last track day of the year.

should I just get it tuned with E75 or what ever the pump is, and then this spring when it hits E85 get it re-tuned?

I can also buy some E85 race fuel somewhere like AP fuels C85 but I'm afraid i'll just have to re-tune that also.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
You can probably still find E 85 if you look around. Get a 55 gallon drum for free or cheap and fill it up.

twistedneck

Established Member
Good idea, ill take some tests around town. I don't have a gas carrier and a 55 gallon drum is going to be hard to deal with.

Can you purchase 100% ethanol? I can mix my own then.. I made a little excel document to tell me how much e100 to add...

I hve been working w the developer of AutoGageX and he made a Windows phone app called fuel trim x that only monitors the trims. If my trims are under x number does that mean my car can still handle that level of E?

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Ya Ive bought E99 before and mixed it myself. Lots of places have drums just lying around if you know where to look. They might just give you a couple.

nonliberal

Established Member
Can you purchase 100% ethanol? I can mix my own then.. I made a little excel document to tell me how much e100 to add...

You can buy E99 but not E100. 100% ethanol would be considered fit for human consumption and then have to go through the FDA. They mix it with at least 1% gasoline so it is no longer able to be consumed.

Users who are viewing this thread